TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europe Help

Hello, I am going to europe for 1 month, and will be going to 2 amusement parks. I will be going to Disneyland Paris, and Europa park. I am not sure if I should get the 2 park 1 day hopper pass for disneyland. I will be there for 2 nights, and dont know if I can do everything in 1 day. And I also need some tips on Europa Park. How is crowds in late June/Early July? Disneyland will be on a weekday, Europa Park will be on a Sat in early July.

Here is my schedule, if anyone has tips here for any of these cities, not even including amusement parks. Just things to do, places to eat, etc.

Zurich (Switzerland)

Matterhorn (Switzerland)

Geneva (Switzerland)

Paris (France)

Disneyland Paris (France)

Brussels (Belgium)

Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Cologne (Germany)

Strasbourg (France)

Europa Park

Munich (Germany)

Innsbruck (Austria)

Meran (Italy)

Samnaun (Switzerland)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I am going to europe for 1 month, and will be going to 2 amusement parks. I will be going to Disneyland Paris, and Europa park. I am not sure if I should get the 2 park 1 day hopper pass for disneyland. I will be there for 2 nights, and dont know if I can do everything in 1 day. And I also need some tips on Europa Park. How is crowds in late June/Early July? Disneyland will be on a weekday, Europa Park will be on a Sat in early July.

Here is my schedule, if anyone has tips here for any of these cities, not even including amusement parks. Just things to do, places to eat, etc.

Zurich (Switzerland)

Matterhorn (Switzerland)

Geneva (Switzerland)

Paris (France)

Disneyland Paris (France)

Brussels (Belgium)

Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Cologne (Germany)

Strasbourg (France)

Europa Park

Munich (Germany)

Innsbruck (Austria)

Meran (Italy)

Samnaun (Switzerland)

Hi there,

what a interesting tour schedule!

Where are you from?

I`m from munich and so I`ve tons of tips for a lot of these places. But first of all it depends on what you`re looking for. You`re just on vacation? How many other amusement parks do you want to visit? What about cultural stuff?

You`re travelling in June/July? This is the time where half of Europe is freaking out because the football world cup is in germany!

Why you choose Meran and Samnaun - real exotic places if you do a europe trip?

So let me know something more specific what you`re looking for and I try to help.

By the way Disneyresort Paris hast two parks and so it`s really not possible to do both on one day (maybe if you miss all the shows). Also Europapark is hard to manage on one weekendday, but also possible.

Greetinx

Andy

Hello,

I am from the United States (Georgia). And this is my first time out of the country, so I am looking at a wide variety of things to do. I will be traveling with my brother, and will be staying part of the time with relatives in Switzerland. We will be traveling with them to Zermatt, Meran, and Samnaun with them, so that is why we are traveling there. But we are on vacation, and not on a low budget, but not on an expensive one either. But we already have hotels booked, and everything ready to go. In Munich we are staying at the Intercity Hotel, so if you have any info it would be helpful. Also a few other ones are the Holiday in Paris Republique, and the Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris. In Europa Park, is Hotel Heckenrose, so if anyone stayed here, how far is it from the park?

BTW, We tried to get tickets to the World Cup, but couldn't get tickets. And why in Samnaun and Meran exotic?

Thanks for the help

Hello,

I am from the United States (Georgia). And this is my first time out of the country, so I am looking at a wide variety of things to do. I will be traveling with my brother, and will be staying part of the time with relatives in Switzerland. We will be traveling with them to Zermatt, Meran, and Samnaun with them, so that is why we are traveling there. But we are on vacation, and not on a low budget, but not on an expensive one either. But we already have hotels booked, and everything ready to go. In Munich we are staying at the Intercity Hotel, so if you have any info it would be helpful. Also a few other ones are the Holiday in Paris Republique, and the Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris. In Europa Park, is Hotel Heckenrose, so if anyone stayed here, how far is it from the park?

BTW, We tried to get tickets to the World Cup, but couldn't get tickets. And why in Samnaun and Meran exotic?

Thanks for the help

Okay, now I know a bit of your vacation plans.

First of all it`s nearly impossible to get any tickets for the world cup. The cheapest black market tickets start at 400US$ for some uninteresting games. There are some 3 million tickets and over 30 million people wanted to buy them! But don`t be to sad, there are so many events here in germany that you can enjoy the worldcup in other ways. For example every single game will be broadcast here in munich at the olympic park, with thousands of people every night on a large screen. And ths is free of charge.

Your choice of hotel at Disneyland is really good. You can take a free shuttle which needs about 15 minutes.

We`ll be in Paris and especially at Disneyland on the first june weekend with a group of 30 people. So when you`ll be there?

I think for Zurich, the matterhorn and Geneva your relatives will help you with a lot of tips. At Brussels you can try Walibi Wavre a real good park. Amsterdam is such a cool place! Try to do a boat trip on the river. My recommendations for trips outside Amsterdam: Zaandvoort (a beautiful north sea town) and for themepark reason: Walibi World. On our site http://www.coasterfriends.de/TripEuroTour2005_6.htm you`ll find a short Photo TR.

At Cologne you can visit the Cologne Dom and try to visit Phantasialand, with its great new coaster Black Mamba.

Strasbourg? I`ve been about 3 times to this city and I don`t like it to much. It`s really not a nice city, very boring. Why you want to visit this?

I`ll recommend some smaller towns not far away like the Rhine or Mosel towns of Rüdesheim or Heidelberg. These towns look like the typical medieval villages all americans love to see.

At Europapark your choice of Hotel is not good, because this one is some kilometers away from the park and public transportation is not so good their. Try to stay in Rust, every hotel is located very good. I`ve been 12 times so ask if you need further assistance.

Okay now to Munich, my hometown since my birth and so I`ve a lot of tips. Please let me know the dates and length of your stay and I can recommend some touring.

Your munich hotel is okay, nothing special at all. The location is very good for travelling around, because its at the main train station.

Innsbruck? What the hell you`re doing in Innsbruck?

Innsbruck is a good location if you want to go in the Alps to ski, but in summer? It`s not that nice. You`ve to go to Salzburg for some real nice austrian city.

Meran and Samnaun (even Innsbruck and Strasbourg) are some exotic places because I`ve never heard of a first time visitor to see this places. Meran is a typical South Tirol major city, nothing bad at all, but also nothing special. Samnaun is such a small place, a lot of people even don`t know where it is. It`s far away from any bigger attraction or bigger city. We`ve been there in the last years because near Samnaun are real big snowboarding areas and Samnaun is a place to buy tax free things. But that`s it.

So my opinion is to change some travelling if possible. What about Lake Garda or the Lake Coma? Both are not to far from Geneva or Meran. What about Rome? Or if you are in Amsterdam, what about a trip Hamburg, a real nice seaside city.

Greetinx

Andy

Thanks for your help. I will be in Disneyland late June.

The places Meran, Innsbruck, and Samnaun were my relavies idea, because they will be going with us, but traveling by car. They are not young, so it would be hard for them to be doing a whole lot of driving in one day. For Strasbourg, we were thinking of going into the areas around there, we will have a Eurail pass. But for the Europa Park hotel, I dont believe we have paid for it, so if I need to change it, I can. Our price range is 80 Euros and under. I saw the train station has a shuttle to Europa Park, so that is why I chose it. I will defenately check into some of the places for day trips, if the towns we are in get to boring.

June 21- Leave

June 22- Arrive

June 23- Leave for Zermatt

June 24- Zermatt

June 25- Leave for Geneva

June 26- Geneva

June 27- Leave for Paris

June 28- Leave for Disneyland Paris

June 29- Disneyland Paris

June 30- Leave for Brussels

July 1- Brussels

July 2- Leave for Amsterdam

July 3- Amsterdam

July 4- Amsterdam n

July 5- Cologne

July 6- Leave for Strasbourg

July 7- Strasbourg

July 8- Europa Park

July 9- Leave for Munich

July 10- Munich

July 11- Leave for Innsbruck

July 12- Innsbruck

July 13- Meran

July 14- Leave for Sanuan

-July 15- Samnaun

July 16- Samnaun

July 17- St. Gallen

July 18- St. Gallen

July 19- Leave to go home

I thought I would post all the hotels incase anyone has stayed at any of them.

Zermatt- Aparthotel Monte Rose

Geneva- Auberge De Jeunesse Geneva Youth Hostel

Paris- Holiday Inn Republique

Disneyland Paris- Holiday Inn

Brussels- Auberge De Jeunesse Jacques Brel Youth Hostel

Amsterdam- Hotel de Westertoren

Cologne- Hotel Im Kupferkessel

Strasbourg- Ciarus Hostel

Europa Park- Hotel Heckenrose

Munich- Intercity Hotel

Innsbruck- Hotel Tauter Mann

Meran- Pension Sonnenheim

Sanuan- panorama-samnaun

Sorry for all these posts, but we changed our Europa Park hotel to Gasthof zum alten Rathaus. Have you heard of it? The person I contacted said it is a 2 minute walk to the amusement park, so that was a huge plus for the hotel. And they offered to pick us up at the train station if we knew when it got in.

Not sure how much you're into your Intamin rides, but Holiday Park isn't all that far from Europa Park - it would be a shame to miss out on Expedition GeForce! (edit - I forgot to say that you can take a shuttle bus from Hassloch HBhf train station to and from Holiday Park, so if you're doing that part without a car, you won't have a problem) Have fun on your trip!

Well you should definetely go summer-skiing in Zermatt. It's very beautiful

Also I would recommand Walibi Belgium, wich is close to Brussels. It has a very good woodie giant drop, enclosed schwarzkopf flywheel, dark ride, boomerang, SLC and (by then) Vertigo, the world's tallest suspended rollercoaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we ended up deciding to go to Lucerne instead. They have a huge mountain called Mount Titlis that is susposed to have summer skiing and everything. I think they have Summer snow tubing, and if that is open, I want to try that depending on the cost. We are staying in Pension Villla Maria (if anyone ever stayed there). This is Mount titlis: http://www.titlis.ch/001tit_00_en.htm