TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Choosing a hotel

Billy Hill

How do you go about choosing a hotel for any particular trip? Also, do you know of any websites that where one might obtain information on promotions for hotels located near theme parks? General information would be fine, but if it helps, I'm specifically interested in hotels near PGA. My last choice was, shall we say, a bit off the mark. The description of the place we stayed at seemed fine from the hotel website, but real life didn't place the establishment in quite as nice a light. Then again, it's not like I'd expect them to say, "By the way, we're located in the ghetto." I hope that I can draw from your vast experience to make more informed choices.

Thank you.

P.S. Please forgive me if this has already been covered. I did do a search, but didn't find what I was looking for.

P.P.S. We're interested only in hotels, and not hotel/park ticket packages, as we already have season passes.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will usually check the parks website or travelocity to see what's nearby, then actually go to the motels website to get the best price. If I know that I'm traveling somewhere with a lot of choices during midweek low season I'll just wing it and pick up one of those "discount highway guides" at a local fast food place.

The 3rd thing we'll sometimes do is try priceline. Only if we want to stay somewhere nicer than normal for a decent price. For example we can usually get the Hyatt Regency near Disneyland for about $50/night even on weekends!

Elissa "hope this helps" Alvey

Thank you for all the replies. Price is always a concern to some extent, but I'm more interested in staying at a decent hotel in a decent area. If spending a few bucks more is what it takes, then so be it.

I believe that checking the reviews will probably go quite a way toward helping me make better choices.

Thanks again.

Billy "I'm gonna' check the reviews before booking my room next time" Hill.