TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Empire state building

Has anyone here been in the Empire State building around july 2002? Maybe what I'm talking about is still there, I just didnt go to the building last time I was there.

As some of you may or may not know, New York's amusement park, Coney Island used to have two large wooden coasters, the Cyclone and the Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt has been closed and, much later on, demolished, while the Cyclone kept operating and still is.

Well anyway, when I entered the empire state building I saw on the right wall of the entrance a large poem with a black and white picture of the thunderbolt. It was a poem about the thunderbolt, about missing it, and the good times had on it, and even though it was just about a rollercoaster it was really emotional and beautiful. I was wondering if anyone else got to read it?

Also, there's a rollercoaster simulator in the empire state building, where they used a really cool technique to the movie. Basically at the intro you see an old man walking up to a closed, rotting rollercoaster, that looks like it hasn't been used for years, then there are flashbacks of the rollercoaster in it's past, and it's really wild. basically what they did is use the thunderbolt for the shots from the "present" and the Cyclone for the flashbacks. I just thought it's cool.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I was in the Empire State Building was in 2004 and i didn't see the poem and also the coaster sim has been changed to a fly over of New York. Hosted by Kevin Bacon..

there are two simulators. one of a new york flight one of the coaster.