TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

More Questions about Japan

popkid

Just gonna repost my questions here in a new thread as that other Japan one seems to be sinking to the bottom:

I've just begun researching October 2005 Japan trip (your guide is serving as a basis, so huge thanks on that!), and was looking at the Tokyo Disneyland Resort Map. Am I correct assuming that the Hitlon is walking distance from the theme parks? The official site shows it being across the street from TDL, but on the ass-side of the park. Is there an entrance there, or do you have to walk to the main entrance? Or (if I'm looking at this correctly) is there a single monorail stop in front of the strip of hotels?

Edited by popkid

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Researching things a bit more now, and it looks like there are two options - the Disney Resort Cruiser (bus) and the Disney Resort Line (monorail).

Now, according to this site, it looks like you have to buy a pass to use the monorail. Not really expensive, at ¥1,000 for a four day pass (adult). Looks like it makes 4 stops:

1. Bayside Station (where the 5-non disney hotels are)

2. Tokyo Disneyland Station

3. Resort Gateway Station (Ikspiari and the two Disney owned hotels)

4. Toky DisneySea Main Entrance

OOO, and while posting I stumbled across this

Does this mean the buses only go to the monorail stations, or can you take them directly to the parks?

Just wondering if it is possible to walk to Tokyo Disneyland from the Hilton. See, the wife is a late sleeper, and not so much of a Disney nut. I on the other hand will be at the gates as they open, and would like to soak up as much Disney as possible while she's cutting ZZZZzzzZZZZ's

Edited by popkid

ooops... lets try this again, October 2005 trip... by the time i get used to putting 2005 on things, we'll be well into 2006. just can't seem to catch up. maybe i should just jump ahead and start writing 2007.

The Hilton is the best location for the "non-official" Disney hotels! You literally walk about 5 minutes from the front of your hotel to the Monorail Station, hop on the Monorail and get to the parks. VERY EASY. You could walk to the parks but it would probably be about 30 minutes!!! They're big!

Elissa "we only used the bus once because it was about to leave" Alvey

Thanks Elissa!

Just trying to figure out the best-est way to maximize our time at TDL. I'm planning on going out to the parks in the morning, shooting some video and photos, then going back around noon to wake up the misses (like I said, she's a really late sleeper). After I get all this planned, then I need to figure out what else to do in Japan. Any suggestions? Theme parks are pretty much out after TDL.

how about the hotel okura tokyo bay. it seems to be right across the street from the monorail station....

Jarvis "if I wasn't going alone I would be staying at the hilton, but just cant afford it by myself" Morant

The Okura looks closer, but I believe that it's doors were farther away. It was also one of the hotels that couldn't guarantee that there would be someone who spoke english there.

As for other stuff to do...I mean we're not into the shrines and gardens and stuff, but walking around the Shinjuku and Akihabara areas were very cool!

Elissa "all about flashing lights!" Alvey