TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hello,
Me and my family are planning on going to kings island and cedar point this summer. For background I’m the only enthusiast in my family and my younger brother (10) is extremely afraid of roller coasters. We are planning on going to KI on Tuesday the 16th of July. A family member lives in mason so getting there won’t be much of a problem. I doubt we would get a fast pass but I really don’t think lines will be that bad. It will be my first time to both parks. We are planning on going to CP on the 18th. Possibly getting a hotel for early entry. Does anyone have any advice?

Kings Island can get pretty busy during the summer due to all the local city's to the park. 

Cedar point is about 3.5 hours from Mason, so you are  going to want to stay, not seeing you make a 7 hour drive in one day. The best bet would be stay at one of the cedar point hotels. 

Cedar point would busy and fast lane would be recommended. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 11:34 AM, thepoint4life23 said:

Kings Island can get pretty busy during the summer due to all the local city's to the park. 

Cedar point is about 3.5 hours from Mason, so you are  going to want to stay, not seeing you make a 7 hour drive in one day. The best bet would be stay at one of the cedar point hotels. 

Cedar point would busy and fast lane would be recommended. 

Yes we are planning on staying in Sandusky after we leave mason. How busy do you think kings island will get? 

If you get in early you can knock out a few of the big coasters but i would guess and hour wait later in the day for most the bigger rides if not longer, but a lot of people will be in the water park

how old are you, Zach? (only asking in terms of "do you need your parents to help pay")

100% get Fast Lane for Kings Island  (I'd say for CP, it's not as urgent, as the FL doesn't save too much time at most of CPs big coasters, and your best bet is to just get in line as early as possible for the things you really want to ride).

but at Kings Island?   do whatever you can to pay for Fast Lane.    Yes. . it's NOT cheap, and yes, it's NOT included in ticket price.   But all the "big" rides (flats and coasters) have Fast Lane, and in almost all cases, the Fast Lane queue drops you directly in the station.    it will save you so much time and you'll get your money's worth just from ride times for Orion, Banshee, Mystic Timbers, and Diamondback.  and you're gonna want lots of rerides.

the only real "big" rides not on FL tend to not really have terrible lines anyways - ie: the Bat.

but yeah. . .get Fast Lane at Kings Island.   (and you can get individually - just one for you - if you're the only one who really wants to ride).