TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Why visit 2 theme parks (TP) instead of the same TP twice?

I am currently a final year university student undertaking a dissertation on whether innovation can cause repeat visitation to the same theme park. I am trying to find out how significant an impact innovation has on potential visitors when deciding to visit theme parks. If you have visited two different theme parks I would like to know why you chose to visit a different theme park instead of returning to the first one you visited? Do you think that innovation such as new rides, shows, new areas of the park or improvements to existing rides, shows and the use of mobile applications and devices could have caused you to return to the first park instead of visiting a different theme park? I would also like to know how your experience was affected by the park's use of technology (e.g. mobile apps to find out wait times or to book fastpass tickets)or by new rides, shows and themed restaurants?

Any information provided will be kept anonymous and confidential and would be greatly appreciated

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to be specific about the time parameters between the two park visits. Consecutive days or weeks apart could be a bigger factor than any of the criteria you mentioned.

Secondly, parks with multiple gates will skew your data, because convenience has not been factored into the mix.

Okay so I'm pretty dumb so I don't understand half of the last half of what you are saying But I will answer your first question. It kind of depends on the park, like I'm not going to want to go to Six Flags America (a mediocre park) as many times as I'm going to want to go to Cedar Point (an amazing park). But also a lot of the time its just because of the new rides and experience, and to compare this ride to that one from another park. And also one park too many times can get boring, so going to other parks just gives you something different. So yeah, that's my attempt at answering your question... I know it's bad but I tried

^Are you trying to be qualitative entirely?

I think for our purposes he's trying to ask the following hypothetical question:

Say you're planning a big coaster trip this summer. You've been to Dollywood, but it was about 10 years ago right after they opened Mystery Mine. There are 9 parks you haven't been to in the past, and Dollywood is right in the middle of all of them. You'd have to sacrifice a park you've not been to before to go to Dollywood due to time constraints. Do you forego a park you've been to already to check out the new rides like Lightning Rod and Wild Eagle? Are those a good enough reason, or is it also because the food and shows in Dollywood are awesome? Or do you say "I've already been to Dollywood, so I'm going to check out Alabama Adventures instead"

I think he's looking for a very subjective answer.

I'm with Larry here, I think this would work out better in a questionnaire format, just my opinion, as I'm sure everyone here would be more than willing to help you out.

Factors that can include why a person is one and done could be selection of rides, customer service, distance, credit whoring, cost, etc. If it's a crappy park and a flat is added it would give me no incentive to return. But if it's a crappy park that installed a kick ass coaster I *might* have a reason to return provided it didn't cost me $50 to ride the one thing in the park worth a damn.

Lots of factors involved.