TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Lake Martin Park - 1982

Hello there, I'm James Spencer, head of PR for the new Lake Martin Park. I know I look young and I am, I just recently graduated from Auburn University. Lake Martin Park is set to be Alabama's first amusement park. We are located 30 minutes from Montgomery, and an hour and a half from both Birmingham and Atlanta. Additionally we are only twenty minutes away from my alma mater.

Here's a photo of what where we are developing. I wish it would be clearer, but satellites are still pretty crappy. Hopefully we will eventually expand to the lake front, but as of now, we still have a ways to go.

As head of PR, I'm allowed to go into the park and take some construction photos. The main entrance is completed, as is 90% of the entrance plaza. If you would notice the popcorn lights on the buildings; it is our intention to keep the park open late at night and offer discounts to anyone who is visiting past 5pm. Additionally, we will be offering student discounts. With so many large universities in the area, we are hoping to attract the college crowd.

Which would explain this. Six Flags Over Georgia has four roller coasters including a massive wooden roller coaster and a multi-looping coaster. They were originally pitched this ride which includes 4 inversions, however, they just recently opened Mindbender so they have no need for another sitdown looping coaster. They offered it to us for a steal. Poor decision by them as this will be the tallest coaster and will have the most inversions in the south! That will be sure to draw local students.

Beyond the huge thrills of the Alabama Corkscrew, are a few more gentle rides like the railroad. We plan on keeping the park open late into the fall. Auburn football games bring in 100,000+ people a weekend and hopefully some will make a detour and visit our little park. We wanted to capitalize on the families that will be visiting as well as the college students.

The Grand Carousel takes center stage in the center of the entrance area, which has been happily dubbed "Carousel Plaza." The plants in this area were just installed two days ago!

Carousel Plaza will host many eateries and shops for park patrons. On this side are Nate's Bar and Grille, Sunkist Orange Juice, and then guest services which will include lockers.

On the other side is Firehouse Franks, a small gift shop, the Candy Counter, and another souvenir shop.

We hope you enjoyed this short construction update of our park and we hope to see you this summer for the grand opening!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! This looks great! The layout for Alabama Corkscrew is shaping up to be pretty unique, and I like the color scheme, though you can see one piece of track on the lift is still shaded blue . All the buildings are very nice and I'm excited to see what else you plan to have in your park.

Nice work, I especially like when people have their coasters being shown in the construction process.

The placement of your Corkscrew coaster and train station reminds me very much of Canobie Lake Park, was this inspiration for Lake Martin Park?

Nice work, I especially like when people have their coasters being shown in the construction process.

The placement of your Corkscrew coaster and train station reminds me very much of Canobie Lake Park, was this inspiration for Lake Martin Park?

Thank you! Canobie Lake was definitely an inspiration for the park as a whole. I've always loved the smaller, charming parks across the country.

Wow! This looks great! The layout for Alabama Corkscrew is shaping up to be pretty unique, and I like the color scheme, though you can see one piece of track on the lift is still shaded blue . All the buildings are very nice and I'm excited to see what else you plan to have in your park.

Thank you!

Hey guys I'm back with a new update on construction! The Octopus was just recently installed. Hopefully it will be thrilling enough for our college clientele. We are making sure to place extra trashcans at the exit as well. Hopefully to save us some money on vomit removal!

Additionally, the chairswings have arrived along with an antique car ride. We realize that not all of our guests may be interested in huge intense rides, so hopefully these attractions will give everyone something to enjoy. Our landscape architect went all out to prepare the Antique Cars for opening day.

And the big news of the day is that Alabama Corkscrew is testing! Track was completed only a few days ago and the surrounding area continues to develop and grow.

The ride is a real eyecatcher from multiple angles of the park. We made sure to make the queue extra long as we anticipate that this will be the most popular ride once the park opens!

Guests have many close interactions with onlooking park guests throughout the course of the ride. Hopefully it will allow for some great photo opportunities!

YES! Finally someone does an RCT3 park in Alabama! If this goes on, you HAVE to make an Iron Bowl-themed dueling coaster. I know you're going for more small-scale oriented, but still.

Oh, and not to be nit-picky, but I don't think 100,000 people came to Auburn games in 1982, since JHS only had a 72K capacity.

Well in 1982 the Iron Bowl was played at Legion Field in Birmingham. That was the year of "Bo Over the Top". They didn't start playing on home fields till 1989 and even then they still played a fewgames at Legion Field (1991 for example).

Also if you've ever been to a game at Jordan-Hare you'll know that there's easily thousands of people who sit and tailgate on the Green Space or hang out in their RV's over in the fields by the Ag Labs. Even though the stadium holds 87,451, there are easily at least 100,000 people in the Auburn area on gamedays and that number only increases for games like the Iron Bowl. And when you consider 1982 and the success of Bo Jackson, the 1982 games were huge.