TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Lil' Soo Creek Park ~ 1975 Escalations (Part 2)

Hello everyone! It's Cullvion here, and this is my new park project that I am working on! I have officially shelved Crystal Town, as it keeps on crashing, although I have made it a little bit better, so I will update it about once a month. For now, this is the new thing I will be focusing on. Unlike Crystal Town, this park is going to be a more rural park unlike Lilly's park. This is owned by McCalden Son and Brother's and is going to be opened in the late 1970's. However, right now it is 1973 and they are looking at the sight. However, we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves... let's start in 1971 when the land was 1st purchased...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JUNE 8, 1971

EXCERPT FROM NEWSPAPER IN ANGOLA, INDIANA:

In a stunning turn of events, an unknown buyer has purchased 200+ acres of land about 10 miles east of Angola in the tri-state border of Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. As of now, intentions of what will become of this purchased land is currently uncertain. More information will come soon.

SEPTEMBER 27, 1971:

EXCERPT FROM NEWSPAPER IN TOLEDO, OHIO:

About 3 months after 215 square acres were purchased in the borders of the Great Lakes tri-state area's buyer has in fact come forward. Bryan McCalden, the CEO of McCalden Son and Brothers have officially announced they have bought the land for 'business reasons'.

McCalden Son and Brothers are famous for being one of the largest carnival owners in the mid-west. It currently has 3 traveling carnivals that travel nationwide. The largest of the 3 has 2 full sized traveling roller coasters. This carnival nicknamed the 'Super City' is the most popular, and has been featured in 5 different state fairs, the most recent was in Minnesota. Last year alone, they made over 35 million in revenue with about 10 million in profit.

As of the announcement, many rumors have started spreading of the true intentions of the land, with the most popular being a permanent amusement park. These have yet to be confirmed true, but many counterfeit 'plans' have circulated the town. Clearing has been seen in the area.

JULY 10, 1972:

EXCERPT FROM NEWSPAPER IN COLDWATER, MICHIGAN:

... and with this announcement comes many questions and ideas of what the new theme park is going to be like. The official announcement transcript is as followed once introductions were completed.
Michael: So now that you're all here, I'm sure you all can guess what we're about to say... the heads at McCalden Son and Brothers are proud to announce... a brand new carnival!

Bryan: Oh Michael! You messed it up! AGAIN! And we practiced at least 10 times...

Lucas: Um, are you really sure HE was the only one who messed up? I think someone missed their cue about half the time...

Bryan: Oh really? At least I didn't fall of the stage!

Michael: Come on guys! Now, I'm just going to say it now! The moment you've all waited for! Our newest thrill experience. Only this time it's going to stay in one place!

Michael, Bryan, and Lucas in unison: We would like to present to you, a brand new amusement park! *A tarp falls down behind them, and a sign is behind it* We would like to present to you... Lil' Soo Creek Park!

*On the sign reads: LIL' SOO CREEK PARK, OPENING IN JUNE 1977*

*After about 5 minutes of questions being asked without anyone knowing what they're saying, a reporter finally is able to get a question through*

Reporter from Grand Rapids, Michigan: What is going to be included inside of this park? What kind of rides?

Lucas: Why, thanks for asking, we are not going to release to many details at this point, but we can say there are going to be thrills much better than the ones in our fairs!

So clearly, this park is going to be quite a great thing to go to! We just want to confirm that once it opens in 1977, we'll be going!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that you lazy slackers have a general idea of the history of the park so far, we are now going to skip another year, to the calm month of August, 1973. There is a single pickup truck driving along the roads towards the upcoming location of the park. In the front seat we have Bryan and Lucas McCalden, the heads of the company. In the back seat we have their 14 year old nephew, David Myles. Son of their late sister, Kasey McCalden-Myles, who was killed in a car crash.

"David, you're lucky you get to come with us, I mean, normally we'd never allow anyone to see it right now, but we decided to be nice and let you come along."

"Uncle Lucas, you were the one who came up with the idea, besides, I'd have to go painting with my dad anyway, and he is the most boring person alive, I mean, really."

"Greg is nice, but, yeah! He is quite dull! It must have something to do with his history teaching."

"Yeah, oh hey, that's the exit you're supposed to take. Uncle Bryan, you said that it's in a forest right?"

"Well, it will mostly be, but we're clearing it right now. We're going to actually start building it in about 2 years. For now, we have other things that need to be done. David, look! There's the land we bought for the park!"

"Oh... dang, you can really see the clearing area! Wait let me get my camera out! *click*! Ugh! Stupid trees."

"Yeah! That'll happen sometimes! Come on let's go! We're going to take some measurements! Oh yea, super excited... "

*Bryan and Lucas take some measurements as David takes some more pictures of the area to show to his friends*

"Hey David! You wanna know something that you CANNOT tell to anyone else? It's a secret about a ride that we're going to build!"

"Cool! What is it going to be? Is it going to be a roller coaster or what?!"

"You got it exactly, guess what! It's going to be a wooden roller coaster! Also get this, with our design, it's going to go through all 3 states that are in our land purchase! Also that it's going to be 130 feet! Making it one of the world's largest roller coaster! Wanna see some concept art that Michael made up?"

"Well, if you insist, okay... Actually, not okay, YES, I would like to see it! Thank you so much!"

It's a little, blurry don't you think? At least it's in color. Seriously, why is it so blurry?"

"Because we kind of did it in a hurry, but this is the best we've made so far."

"Hey Bryan, when is Michael getting back from California?"

"I think next week. He does deserve the vacation."

"But you guys own a carnival, if you wanted a vacation, couldn't you just go to one of the carnivals?"

"Do you really think we don't go to our carnivals for fun, David?"

"Sorry, it's just that I wouldn't think you would so..."

"Nah, it's okay, it's okay. Hey Lucas, what did you do with the station- OH MY GOD! Lucas, explain why they were like this "

"God, Bryan, now all the files are mixed up! Be more careful next time!"

"Hey! DON'T blame me for your mistake! You know, you blame a lot of stuff on someone other than yourself."

"Ooh! Guys! Why is this art better than the other one? I mean, it's so... clear!"

"*Gasp*! David! You weren't supposed to see this! You can't just take anything you see off the ground, David! Please be more responsible next time!"

"Hey! Bryan, don't yell at the kid! He just noticed it and picked it up after YOU dropped it!"

"Alright! David, if you want to know, it's the art I made last night for the view of the park from the parking lot. Not everything is completed, but it's fairly resonable that's what it will look like."

"It's really cool, Uncle Bryan, but here."

"Oh thanks, say David, don't tell any of your friends about this please. I want it to be a secret between ALL of us, Lucas."

"What? Why me?"

"Remember when we got cast in 'Treasure Island'? You told everyone the moment we got cast! We agreed it'd be a secret until it came out!"

"It was 9th grade, and we were background characters with 1 line! Besides, none of our friends believed us! Until opening night, at least."

"Okay, even so, it's getting late, we need to go now. Did you have fun David?"

"YOU KNOW I DID! I forgot, when is this going to open anyways?"

"June 1977."

"Great, I can't wait for me and my friends to go to Lil' Soo Creek Park! I like the name the best."

"Yeah, come one let's go. Soon we're going to have to order some supplies for the park. WAIT! David, don't tell anyone that..."

"Don't worry, Lucas, I won't tell anyone. Yet, I can't say that about my friends."

"Fine! Let's go now!"

"Okay, this sure beat painting the living room all day with dad."

"It's going to be quite a park once it opens, am I right Bryan?"

"YES! Now let's go! Greg is going start wondering where David is!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMING SOON:

LIL' SOO CREEK PARK!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I know that this update was kind of slow, and I know some of you don't like reading conversations, because they can be boring or be hard to follow, but don't worry! The rest of the construction updates will be a normal 1st person perspective. See you soon with the rest of Lil' Soo Park! The only park set in 3 different states!

Edited by Cullvion

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MARCH 14, 1974

EXCERPT FROM NEWSPAPER IN GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN:

Bryan McCalden, CEO of McCalden Son and Brothers, has announced that tomorrow, March 15, his company will be releasing concept art and drawings of their new upcoming theme park, Lil' Soo Creek Park, which is in fact set to open sometime in 1977. We can only assume of what photos will be released in time, but we hope it's some drawings of their new wooden roller coaster! The only ones who know for now, are the people who work for the McCalden Company.

MARCH 15, 1974

FROM THE OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE BY McCALDEN SON AND BROTHERS:

Hello everyone! It's Michael who is releasing this to the newspapers, and we would 1st like to say, that we hope that these drawings and sketches will portray an accurate representation of Lil' Soo Creek Park! The park has come a long way since we've announced it almost 2 years ago, and now from humble beginnings, we are here to show you our official concept art that we are releasing to the public! All credits of art goes to Mark and Cheryl Deolower, located in Detroit, Michigan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This sketch shows the lift hill and station of our wooden roller coaster, Tri-State Trouble. Its name comes from the fact the the ride goes throughout all 3 states that the land is situated in! Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan. The lift hill is in Ohio, while the 1st drop and part of the ride is in Indiana, while the rest is inside of Michigan.

The 1st ride you see as you walk through the entrance is the FireBolt! It is a variation on the swinging ship and flips you 360 degrees multiple times!

Another unique feature of our park is the petting zoo in the middle of the pathway of the midway! This petting zoo exclusively features horses and ponies, with other petting zoo's off of the pathway nearest the log flume ride, Midnight Splashways.

One of the best centerpieces of the midway is the Double Skyway, a double skywheel ride that is set to intense and fast music as it flies across the sky and back down again!

In the second to last shot, you get to see the first 130 foot drop, first hill, and turnaround of Tri-State Troubles. Many people will probably be the most thrilling portion of the ride, but I think it will be the final ejector airtime hills.

Finally, we will leave you all with a photo of the Himalaya-type ride that will be at the beginning of the midway, it will be most thrilling go forwards and backwards! We assume that the hill parts will also pack much airtime! You can see the lifthill of Tri-State Troubles in the background of this drawing. The logo is blurred out as we have not decided on a name yet.

We hope you have enjoyed these teasers and will be excited to visit our park in 1977!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MARCH 16, 1974

EXCERPT FROM NEWSPAPER IN BATTLE CREEK, MICHIGAN:

With the releases of the concept art from McCalden Son and Brothers yesterday, our tourism executive, James Quail, has the spotlight on what these say for the park and it's rides.

What I can predict on the park's behalf is that most of these drawings are promising and I can and do believe that this park will be a must-go when it opens! Construction is to start next year, so it'll just be another step towards our soon-to-be destination of the year place! We hope these drawings are accurate and we hope for the best with the park and the rides!

April 7, 1974

EXCERPT FROM NEWSPAPER IN GARY, INDIANA:

A little less than a month after initial concept art was released by the head executives at McCalden Son and Brothers, the Executive Chairman, Michael McCalden, has officially announced that in the next coming days another batch of concept art for Lil' Soo Creek Park by Mark and Cheryl Deolower will be coming in the next few days.

McCalden has also said that these concept art drawings will reflect more on different areas of the park and other aspects aside from the major rides. The park is going to have a ground-breaking ceremony sometime in May so it does not come as a shock that the concept art would be released about now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

APRIL 10, 1974

FROM THE OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE MADE BY McCALDEN SON AND BROTHERS:

With the ground-breaking set to begin in less than a month, Bryan, Michael, and Myself all believe that this staple of concept art is appropriate for some more inside depth on the park and what to expect from it in terms of more minor details. Like last time, all drawings and art goes to the work of Mark and Cheryl Deolower, in Detroit, Michigan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The park's main eatery, Midway Treats and Eats, will serve delicious and juicy food, and with it being double-sided, it has such a large assortment of food that we cannot list them all here! The seating will be on patio chairs with an unfoldable umbrella at every table.

The first drop of Tri-State Troubles will be right over the creek and will shoot you down 140 feet! That is a whole 10 feet higher than the lift hill! At the bottom you will rocket up the next hill at speeds of up to 67 MPH! A great ride for both thrill seekers and families! At the end you will go through airtime hills up and down across the creek!

This is another shot of the 1st drop and airtime hills! This is what you would see from the canoeing experience that we will offer to our guests! It will be a great picture spot and you can clearly hear the screams of riders!

We've gotten quite a bit of fan mail requesting to see some art of the log flume, Midnight Splashways. So here is some! It will be a 'terrain flume' meaning it will follow the hilly terrain throughout the 6 minute experience! It will also have 3 terrifying drops! Since it's a log flume, don't expect to come off dry!

The final drop will be a harrowing 75 feet plunge down the steep hillside! Which by then you'll go right into a large, extremely splash-prone, straightaway! The ride will end there, but not after you're soaked to the bone!

For those who love flying through the air with their feet dangling below them, Bird Swinger is for you! Great for families with those who are too timid to go on the bigger rides!

Finally, for those who like the Gravitrons at our carnivals, we have the ride for you! Tagada will be a stuck to your seat ride, with airtime filled moments that will shock and amaze the most predictable of riders! Be sure to hit this ride early, or the line will get too long! We don't recommend riding this after lunch though...

That's all for now folks, but we'll see you again some other time for our ground-breaking ceremony on May 7!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAY 7, 1974

OFFICIAL GROUND-BREAKING CEREMONY, TRANSCRIPTION BY TOLEDO NEWSPAPER REPORTER:

Michael: Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the future sight of America's soon to be newest Theme Park! We are all excited to have you here and we will begin ground-breaking shortly, but in the mean time we have some announcements regarding McCalden Son and Brother's Carnivals!

Bryan: Thanks Michael! First off, we would like to gladly announce that beginning this season, Carnival 'Fairways' (The smallest carnival of the 3), will be getting 2 new attractions added to it! The first will be a Twin Flip which will shake and flip you silly! The other will be a 75 foot tall swinger that will put you at a respective 75 degrees at it's highest! We would also like to announce that more venues and food will be coming to all three carnivals, thanks for listening, and enjoy the rest of the show!

Lucas: Thanks Bryan, now, I know that you all have been jumping with excitement since we released those concept art drawings, and we would just like to say, that after today... we'll be officially starting on the park! Well, mostly buildings and the asphalt for the parking lot will be laid down this year, but next year and 1976 will be a very fast and productive year, and in 1977, we will finally open for business! So now, we've kept you all waiting with the band long enough, so let's get started on the official ground-breaking! Here with us today to help the 3 of us is our dad! Say hi to Charles McCalden everybody!

Crowd: Hi Charles!

Charles: Thank you Lucas, now I remember when I started this company back in 1948, it was called McCalden restoration, and we went around and restored mainly houses and businesses, but one day I saw that there was a traveling carnival up for sale, so, out of some savings, I bought it. Now look where we are today! Ready to open our first permanent location!

Bryan: Give it up for our father, who turn 74 in 2 months! Now, with what Lucas said is true, we have kept you all waiting long enough! So now let's get too it! Michael get the shovel!

*Michael goes and gets the shovel, and the 3 brothers and Charles go over to a marked piece of land just off-stage*

Lucas: On the count of three! Everybody ready? Good? Go!

Michael, Lucas, Charles, and Bryan in unison: 1! 2! 3! Ugh!

*Within moments, dirt flies up from the ground, and now construction has officially began*

Michael: Okay, now thank you all for coming, refreshments are in the back and remember, come visit Lil' Soo Creek Park when it opens, in May of 1977!

From left to right: Bryan, Lucas, and Michael standing in front of the 1st ground-breaking construction hill a little after the end of the ceremony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What will happen as early ground-breaking and construction happens? Find out on the next update of Lil' Soo Creek Park! Comments and Feedback appreciated.

Opening the newest update, we will began on the first scandal that will befall the park... and it happens with a disturbing find by a few local workers, Robert and Kyle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MARCH 28,1975

EXCERPT FROM NEWSPAPER IN COLUMBUS, OHIO:

In a horrifying discovery yesterday, 3 bodies were found inside of the construction zone on the future sight of Lil' Soo Creek Park. The 3 bodies were discovered in a routine dig by 2 workers, Robert Williams and Kyle Nguyen, who were getting some dirt out of the way for measurements that are made to be used in the plumbing system.

The 3 bodies were found by a meadow in which the main plumbing building is supposed to go. While digging, one worker, Kyle, claimed he'd hit something hard, and he was sure it was not a rock. Once uncovered, an almost fully intact human skeleton was found in the dirt underneath the area. A quote from Robert says:

"We were doing normal work on the area in our excavators, and our manager, Chris, had come by just earlier. It was about eleven in the morning and we had just began work on this part. She had said that we'd have to leave the zone for the day to help soften the land for planting some new foliage. We had only gone down about 2 feet at the time and she had said to go down to 5 feet and then leave for the other job.

As soon as she left Kyle said he had hit something that was a 'unknown object, but defiantly not a rock.' We decided to dig by hand, and we noticed a large white object. We screamed as soon as we realized it was a bone, and since I had taken a class he quickly (with shock and fear), identified it as an Ulna bone, which is a bone in the lower arm. Digging down we found more and more bones. Once we had a mostly complete skeleton, we both realized the true horror of the situation. We immediately ran and told Chris about it, and she didn't believe us, so we had to go and show her. Once she saw, she instantly went and called the police.

About 7 hours after the cops showed up, we were both at my apartment when we got a call from Chris back down at the construction zone. In the call, she said the police had found a much more tragic find. Instead of one skeleton, an inspection of the area found 2 more skeletons. She also said that the bodies were not old either as first suspected. The police had told her that the bodies were as young as 1972.

I don't know how or why something like that would be there. I just hope... something of natural causes happened to them. Was it a murder? Or an accident? No, I don't know..."

Police are currently investigating the causes of the deaths, and the identities of the victims. However, some are now saying that the deaths were a murder after some evidence of an extremely rusted knife handle was found inside one of the grave burial sites.

Another thing being investigated is the fact of the previous owner, Ethan Dennis, has a known history of violence in the past, and has been arrested for multiple counts of assault, and 1 count of kidnapping another woman.

The discoveries have also been theorized to be the bodies of 3 missing people that went missing in 1972, Jason Johnson, 15, Myranda Harringstone, 19, and Elias Iearol, 12.

Dental records will be matched with the victims for identification. For now no other details are being released.

MARCH 30, 1975

AT THE MEETING WITH THE PARK EXECUTIVES: (In the pattern of Executive then Officer conversation)

"... This is the location of the body findings. The dirt mounds are the precise areas of the bodies. We have not identified them yet, but we believe that they might in fact be the missing people that disappeared all in the same month in this area of 1971.

"You mentioned earlier of the previous owner of the land, where is he? Maybe he has some insight on the situation."

"We would love to talk to Mr. Dennis, but, he's gone missing too, just after your company was sold the land. We did get about 10 tips leading us to believe he's fled somewhere out of the continent, but we cannot be for sure. Although, around 5 more tips were sightings of his car, and one of the callers had a photo of the car taken in early 1972. The person in question said they were on a trip in Crystal Town, New Jersey when they say they had seen the car, and remembered the description written by the radio broadcaster. When we got the photo by mail, we knew it was the suspect's car. However, no one has seen him since this sighting."

"Now, detective, the reports said a rusted blade of a knife was found inside one of the shallow graves, is this right?"

"Yes, unfortunately this has made us further believe of a mass murder with the skeletons, even worse, an inspection on skeleton 3, we found on a rib-cage a series of scratches on it that must have only been caused by an outside force. In other words, a sharp object, like the knife. But the question is how the blade was broken as even the bone could not have broken the blade, so it a mystery all itself of how the blade got there."

"If it is a murder, couldn't you arrest the main suspect?"

"I said! No one has seen the main suspect, Mr. Dennis, since his own disappearance in April 1972!!!"

"Also, officer, we are getting some very real and dangerous threats by people only 3 days after the incident with accusations of the murders being done by the staff of the park to keep protesters quiet, what do you intend to do with these?"

"If the threats were sent by mail or telephone, we can get a suspect and maybe a charge, however, if there is no evidence we cannot take any action against those responsible! I'm sorry, but we have a much more serious situation with this. We also are not intending to charge the park with any crimes as of now as of lack of evidence in connection with the crime, but you'll most likely get some bad press on the event at hand."

"I also want to know one more thing, why was the site never previously dug up? If you don't know, we had to do a basic land stability test before we bought it, and the area was in fact very close to it. Even in it, so why were the bodies never seen before this incident?"

"I was going to approach that, but you beat me to it. Now, the area that was searched was on the opposite side of the bodies, so now we have the answer to that. Also, you know that the place in question was actually part of the plumbing building?"

"Well, yes, but, why did you ask that?"

"You're lucky this discovery was made. I know that you were going to have a different location. We might have never found them if not for your landscape working against you."

"Officer, I think that we are fully capable of handling the situation at hand, so I think you should go now."

"No, we still have more to cover for the present, including the idea of more things like this that could happen again, you did the right and the wrong thing. Calling the police was right, releasing information to the public was wrong."

"Why then, Officer Kingly?"

"Let me just say one thing, if another thing like this happens, you'll have more than one public outcry to deal with. It gets people talking, exaggerating, and ruining your parks reputation. Now, I do believe that we are finished with this part of the meeting, now we shall move onto other subjects..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a flash, the public eye has taken a negative turn towards the park, death threats, arson, and assault are being directed towards the park staff, and pretty soon it might escalate over. The park will still open in 1977, but at what cost? And not in the money value.

The story since we've been gone: Protests at the park over accusations of the skeletons being murdered protesters have escalated causing more people to criticize the fact that the now-accused murderer, Ethan Dennis, who has not been found yet. However, on May 11, 1975, a family of 4 reported sighting Dennis inside a Vermont forest, and had a picture to prove it, and it was confirmed to be a seemingly unchanged looking Ethan Dennis from his last physical sighting. About 4 weeks later on June 19, 1975, a flurry of reported sightings came into a local Maine police station. The hunt was on. On June 21, Dennis was found by police living in a deceased relatives old cottage, and after gunfire was exchanged, injuring 1 police officer, Ethan Stephen Dennis, age 46, was arrested on-site. News quickly spread, and today, June 22, 1975, is when the 1st nation-wide coverage begins in a newspaper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 22, 1975

EXCERPT FROM LOCAL NEWSPAPER IN LANSING, MICHIGAN:

Yesterday, Ethan Dennis, who is wanted for the murders of 5 individual people - 3 of which were buried in shallow graves in the upcoming land of Lil' Soo Creek Park - was captured and arrested inside an old family cottage in the woods near the town of Lewiston, Maine.

Suspicions arose of a possible hiding place after an amateur picture of Dennis near Vermont, taken by the Glassingers family in May. After the pictures were confirmed to be real and the person in it identified as Dennis, a nation-wide manhunt began on the coast of New England.

On the 19th of this month, in the small police station in Lewiston, over 16 calls came in over multiple people claiming they saw Dennis near the supermarket attacking a woman, before going around front and shooting towards multiple patrons with a small handgun.

Ethan, according to reports, had sold his land to McCalden Son and Brothers in 1971 and fled out of the state(s) he was living in at the time, and went missing soon after, reports of him surfaced between 1971 and 1974, before not being seen again until May. He also has a criminal record. He has assaulted 2 former wives, and kidnapped his old lover from High School. This, on top of multiple drug/alcohol possession counts, has caused some controversy in the public eye.

Moments after being arrested, Dennis was escorted out of the cottage.

When the calls came in on the 19th, the manhunt led down to one small cabin in the woods west of town. There, police cornered him before one officer approached it and then was repeatedly shot multiple times in the arm, shoulder, leg, and stomach. He survived but had critical injuries but is expected to be okay. Police opened fire on the windows on the cabin, and within minutes, Dennis surrendered after running out of ammunition.

Dennis is seen here, being escorted into a blue unmarked police cruiser by 2 policemen moments after the chaos.

To make matters much worse, when police investigated the inside of the cabin, the situation became more intense than originally expected. Inside, the rotting bodies of 2 family members were found inside, both (according to Dennis), were shot on sight as Dennis entered the home looking for a place to hide. Both people, Francis and Kelly Dennis, ages 54 and 49, respectively, were the older brother and sister of Ethan. The 2 had described in the past that they're family was broken as Ethan came along after the wife was found cheating, and Ethan suffered much abuse, neglect, and hate while living with his mother.

Ethan Dennis has said that he has been living in the cottage for about 4 months now, as long as Kelly and Francis have been dead. Ethan has also admitted into killing all 3 bodies found at the sight of Lil' Soo Creek Park in the year of 1972, making his total murder toll up to 5.

July 5, 1975

FROM THE FIRST PERSON PERSPECTIVE OF MICHAEL McCALDEN:

Hello, I am Michael McCalden, if you don't know who I am, I am one of the 3 owners of the popular carnival company, McCalden Son and Brothers. My other 2 brothers, Bryan and Lucas, are currently both on vacation in separate locations with their own families, so I am alone today to check out the park, and control the now frequent protesters that litter the park entrance. They haven't done anything but annoy the majority of us, and make the working a lot worse for the rest of us.

When I got out of the car in the newly paved parking lot, I instantly groaned at what I saw, it was of course... PROTESTERS! What a shock. Seriously though, I'm kidding, they've been here every single day since April began. Why? You ask, well, they believe that the park has some sort of connection with the murders of 3 people that were discovered about 3 months ago. No matter what the news has to disprove them, they keep coming with more absurd conspiracy theories by the day. Some are even saying we're paying the news stations to run false stories. Oh yes, I am not kidding you on that one.

However, today was... different. Normally there's only about 3-4 of them, and usually a quick scare tactic makes them run off. The moment I saw the crowds, I was shocked. There were at least 100 people. No... 150 people. Even more than that. I saw the police there and I was relieved, but not for long. There were only about 7 officers against 250 protesters.

I got this photo of one of the officers getting to their job just as 3 more protesters showed up. I was horrified to see one of them was at least only 10! I noticed that most protesters would cheer as soon as more of them came from the parking lot. It's sickening. We need to get that fence around the parking lot soon! And get the gate working to open and close.

I got noticed by a few people in the crowd and decided to go through the employee entrance. It was heart-wrenching hearing all those terrible slurs from such... young people. At least half the crowd was under 21. Why would they waste their time with this? Idiotic younger groups.

Once I got into the maintenance/worker building, I was told by one of the park security that the situation was getting higher in the terms of protesters that showed up, the guard said that at least 35 more people has showed up, and it's only getting higher. I was reluctant to go out, and didn't want to see that group again, but they said I'd better come. So I agreed to come along to see what was going on.

As I was walking over to the area, I was taken aback by the beauty and grace of the forest scene, and I was almost regretful of the construction of the park to ruin this scenery. This sort of trance was shattered as soon as I heard it again, the slurs, the insults, the shouts, all of them coming from the other side of the entrance building. That was when I realized the true intensity of the scene.

There were at least 290 people now, all of them just as vulgar and mean as before, if not more. I began to worry about the safety of my workers as now several construction folk were going towards the crowd to settle them down. I was scared at what was going to happen.

Slowly, the whole of the group began to go quieter and quieter. At first, I thought that it was going to be a much better situation than what was really going on. Then I began to hear it, shouts. However, it wasn't slurs and insults, but more happy and joyful. I was quickly shaken at what could be going on as the entirety of the crowd shifted in the direction of the laugh. It was now clear what was happening.

They were mobbing him. They were surrounding him. The crowd was slowly closing in on the manager, Derek, and I spotted multiple people with weapons. I immediately ran towards the crowd and shouted "NO!". BAM! I felt an intense and awful pain all over the side of my face, as soon as my vision uncleared, I saw the teenager who hit me. He was smiling, and a cane was in his hand, with blood on it.

The blood rushed down the opening on the side of my head, so much blood that it was spilling all over my shirt. I didn't care, I had to get them away from Derek, he basically runs this whole thing, even if my brothers and I are the CEO's. I ran towards them, and now they were attacking anyone that came towards them, I got hit in the arm, and felt it shatter. A few of the workers had a first-aid kit, and then began treating my bleeding head.

The culprits now spoke. "COME NEAR HIM AGAIN, AND WE'LL SLIT HIS THROAT." Looking up, I saw a knife being held to his throat. I began violently shaking, it can't be happening, not here... not now... They all smiled with those AWFUL grins of evil. The small crowd that was holding Derek hostage began slowly moving to the left, about 15 of them. With the leader having him with the knife at his neck.

The police began to move in now that the group was much smaller, but they were all attacked and caned by the group, many of them collapsing and bleeding on the ground. They all laughed, those... those... I can't say it. Why would they think it's funny, taking hostages and assaulting police. They can all rot in prison. The leader turned his head and shouted "GIVE ME ONE REASON I SHOULDN'T KILL HIM RIGHT NOW?"

I responded "BECAUSE! KILLING SOMEONE WOULD JUST MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELVES, YOU ALL GET ARRESTED, AND JAILED! YOU'LL NEVER SEE YOUR FAMILIES AGAIN THEN! YOU MIGHT GET ATTENTION, BUT IN THE MOST NEGATIVE WAY POSSIBLE, NO ONE WILL BELIEVER YOU!"

The teen then said something back, I was surprised at first, and then horrified. "YOUR RIGHT, WE'LL LET HIM GO! BUT NOT UNSCATHED! EVERYONE! CANE BUT DON'T KILL!" He let go, and all hell broke loose. They hit him so many times, everywhere, blood flew in the air, he collapsed, fell, and was destroyed in moments. Not dead, but unconscious, and possibly crippled.

"You... bast-." That's all I could let out before I blacked out and once I woke up, I was so tired I could not speak again for the moment. However, I could hear well, and what I hear shot the worst chills ever.

"COME ON NOW! LET'S SHOW THIS PARK THE TRUE MEANING BEHIND A CONSPIRACY! DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU SEE UNTIL YOU GET THE PROOF WE NEED TO SHOW THE WORLD HOW THIS PARK ARE GREEDY, CORPORATE, LIARS THAT WILL KILL TO KEEP US SILENT! TO MEMORIES OF THE FALLEN! ETHAN WAS THE FOUNDER OF US!"

The remaining workers could not stand a chance against the charging mob, windows were breaking, walls being smashed, shouts everywhere, I could hear everything being destroyed. It was all gone, all of it. Our hard work. From 1971 we've planned this whole thing, and now it's all going and gone. I heard the laughter, the breaking, the screams of tortured and captured workers, and the destruction of everything in sight. The last thing I saw before passing out and waking up in the hospital was... the smoke. Rising from the park, and the sounds of the shouts of the fire-starters rang in the air.

I challenged the mob, and now they've won. By destroying the precious memories that began all the way with our dad.

To be continued...

As you all know last time the last update ended in a devastating cliff-hanger. While some people were mad that this happened while others were confused, it now will be answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 5, 1975

From the first person perspective of Benjamin Vengaas, a worker at the park who witnessed the destruction first hand, and is retelling it the best he can:

I was sitting there, listening to the cries and shouts of the charging mob. Travis, Julian, and I were treating Mr. Michael McCalden, he had just been hit in the head with a cane, and was severely bleeding, we were covering the cut when he looked over to the park zone. He screamed "My god, they've ruined it! Nooo..." He was fading fast, slowly flowing in and out of consciousness "No..." He was finally unconscious.

Losing it, I ran to my car to grab the camera, and by the time I got it about half of the cowardly rioters had already ran out of the park, but smoke and breaking noises were still eminent. When Travis noticed me running to the glass shattered and hole ridden entrance he yelled "Don't do it! They'll kill you-!" He was silenced by the ringing of police, ambulances, and fire trucks.

Holy Crap! The moment I ran through the entrance hall I saw the trees, on fire, quickly spreading onto one another, with the smoke rising and clogging the air. How someone can be on full force killing machines is beyond me.

I kept on running, and I noticed how multiple rioters were fleeing the scene, good, less rioters means less damage. Still, this fire is nothing good at all, at this point firefighters are still just hooking up to the water pipes and hydrants. It's just so, smoky.

For a second, it seemed like the worst was over, this hope was shattered as I turned a corner to a part of the park where, there was... fights. Protesters were fighting the people trying to stop them, and winning easily. I just kept seeing the rioters cane down people who went at them, and they just kept coming. No matter how many people where caned, the people attempting to stop it just wouldn't stop running at them.

I would never do this, but the police had one group under control, they were holding them at gunpoint, threatening to shoot if they made a movement. Now, I realized a little later that the 'guns' were in fact tasers that were designed to look exactly like real guns. This was because instead of a hole it was a large opening for the taser itself to come out of.

It's lucky the park has only put up mostly paths and smaller things, because if this situation had happened in 1977 when it is completed, my god. The damage would have to be so much worse. I kind of have to say, aside from the fact they were torching the trees, and assaulting multiple people, there was really nothing they were doing in terms of large scale. Especially since about 60% of the park was also gated off from the rioters, so really only the entrance was damaged.

For a bit, the police thought everything was under some control, about 75% of the rioters had been arrested or drove out, and then this happened. They had lain the station down only a week ago, and now it's gone in less that 20 seconds. Everything was wood, the roof, the supports, the track, it was disastrous seconds after it was lit, but still. A few moments after this picture, the entire station, building, track, and all, collapsed in a large burst of soot, fire, and dust.

Firefighters were busy putting out the fires that were burning up the foliage, now

that almost all of the trees had burned up, the only thing left is the smoking rubble, but still, some of the trees were still burning.

The police told me to leave the area so firefighters could get to it. As soon as I went to the other side of the park, a person was accused of caning about 3 officers, suddenly, he swung and caned the officer arresting him, he attempted to run and I got a photo of it.

Again, only 1 tree remained after the large fire was put out, and another fire was being put out as I took this, it finally looked as if the entire riots were being put to rest. Even if the rioters could only have attacked one place the destruction is massive. I may have said that the riot was pointless, but the damage they could do to the foliage was massive.

Later, the police units had escorted us to the small maintenance shed on the other side of the fence, it was disturbing, about only 7 of us were there, and the police said that at least 100 workers and rioters were injured in this, and the whole prospect of this is... quite intense.

Suddenly, we heard a screaming noise coming from the front of the building, there were 2 teenagers in the doorway, one with a gallon of gasoline in one hand, the other, with a Zippo lighter, the kind that don't go out until you close the lid even if you've let go of it.. They screamed something on the lines of the 'leave now and no one is hurt' type of monologue. We all froze, and then someone made the mistake of attempting to push off the attackers, they spilled the fluid, and it spilled all over the floor. The girl dropped the lighter, and it was lit.

It went up in flames the moment it touched it, all of the floor, the walls, everything. We all ran as soon as we saw it. I don't remember much of what happened, but I do know that it wasn't minor damage, it was all totaled, everything in it. Including the concept art, it was in there. This is what made me want to throw them in the fire, they were kissing in victory in front of their arson.

Oh course though, the moment someone noticed them they ran like hell from the area. However, the police tasered and then arrested them. Like all the other protesters, they kept rambling about how 'this is against all morale.' They kept yelling slurs of how the park is evil. They did this in the claims of the park murdered those people. It's absurd that they've done this to try to prove their point. It worked, but in the worst way possible. Especially with their crowd.

We were escorted from the scene to get treated for minor burn injuries at a make-shift hospital in the parking lot. More serious injuries were transported to a large, near-by hospital, but the rest of us stayed there. We were entertained by the stories of heroism, sacrifice, and other types of exaggerated stories by injured victims of the riots. My absolute favorite was of the man who protected a 13 year old forced to the riots from being caned for disapproving of what they were doing.

However, the situation was getting more and more dark as soon as we were told of the damage and injury numbers, over 150 people injured, ranging from minor to critical. Then I saw my friend Xavier, and he looked scared. Once he said it, I was too. In the attack on the maintenance shed, there were 7 of us in there. 6 got out. Someone in the shed had died in the fire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 21, 1975

ARSON DAMAGE REPORT (Summary):

16 days ago, a large scale riot occurred at the construction site of Lil' Soo Creek Park. At least 250 individuals invaded the park accusing it of helping in a cover-up of 3 murdered protesters when the area was first purchased in 1971. In these riots, 154 people were injured from assault and arson wounds, 99 of them workers to the park, most of which were caned or beaten by rioters, with one person dying of burns inside of a maintenance shed after 2 individuals poured gasoline over the floor and lit it up with the lighter. The situation was controlled after about 45 minutes from the incident's beginning. Over the last 3 days, the community was come to help in the cleaning of the site.

One major area of arson damage was in the foliage after multiple zones of foliage were torched, this is one of the many sites of such crime.

Another large zone of the arson is towards the back of the park, where 21% of the forest in that region was burned to the ground before emergency services were able to put out the resulting flames.

One of the largest losses in the whole catastrophe was the arson of the station of the upcoming wooden roller coaster: Tri-State Trouble. After the initial structure caught on fire, minutes later it all collapsed on top of each other, mainly putting the fire itself out. However, much of if not all of the existing track warped or was destroyed. This most recent picture shows the track after all damage and debris was removed from the area. Re-tracking should begin sometime this fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While the park itself was not a total loss, there is a lot of damage to cover, not all of it in the park itself. Attack victims, and services will not be cheap to pay off. We can only hope the park can recuperate itself after this devastating incident, and the park can hopefully put this behind themselves.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey, it's Bryan here, and the moment I heard of what was going on I swiftly left the area I was in and got here as quick as I could. It's not as bad as originally feared, but it is very, very, bad. A worker has died, and the court case is going to start very early processions soon. I can only hope the best for our company, and everyone effected by this.