TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Arabian Nights Royal Celebration Media Day

On Tuesday, Aug. 6, Jacqi and I went to the Arabian Nights Dinner Theater to catch the Media Preview of their newest show "The Royal Celebration". Arabian Nights is in Kissimmee, Florida - just minutes from the main Walt Disney World entrance. And to make the event even more special, this year Arabian Nights is celebrating their 25th Anniversary. I've lived in Orlando for over 25 years and I've never seen the show - so I was excited to finally experience it. This is the first new show in 14 years and owner/show writer, Mark Miller describes it as a "greatest hits" of some of their more popular performances wrapped up with a new story. The story involves an Arabian princess who is about to marry the prince of a neighboring kingdom. Their servants (or genies) present them dazzling horse performances as gifts to the soon-to-be wed royals. The horse acts include a Royal Mounted Guard, a Mexican Carnival Celebration, a Unicorn, Wild West Cowboys, Cowgirls and Indians, a Gypsy Circus, a Chariot Race and some silk acrobats - in other words, a little bit of everything. Shows include a full dinner and dessert - and there are a few pricing tiers, some of which include preferred seating and alcohol. It was a fun show and I'm glad I finally got to check it out.

Here are some photos...

media.thumb.jpeg.69b7b64180beac194ffe7bde0d58901f.jpeg

We're in the right place.

flyer.thumb.jpg.1911a65fc400b85330921e5926f0c78a.jpg

This is what we're here to see.

ali.thumb.jpeg.83d61ba9cd7666d6337234961e6f3c67.jpeg

The Genie Ali greeted everyone as we arrived.

jacqi.thumb.jpeg.713adb8e2482ce3b805f9311de2cbb45.jpeg

Here are our seats and a look at the whole stadium. The performance we attended was an afternoon matinee.

warmup.thumb.jpg.62f7ccf13f800b6bd2cc0f42f616a6ee.jpg

Getting ready for the show.

unicorn.thumb.jpg.fdec128f975b32b09a54db9c3a7c3ee7.jpg

Yep, there was a unicorn here.

gypsies.thumb.jpg.3fb44ec12844a50ffc95643394ac256a.jpg

The Gypsy Circus segment had a lot of acrobat elements to it. The performers were very good.

indian.thumb.jpg.e9679874f256e44a9dc2e0422d5e67bc.jpg

And finally, the lone Native American. His segment was very powerful. He was the only one on stage - at times charging across the stadium at full speed.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images