TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3]Beach Grove Amusement Park

So, after installing RCT3 on my PC again I decided to make a new park. Here goes nothing. This is Beach Grove Amusement Park, an amusement park set in North Carolina (like everything else it seems ) and I am starting from the year 1922. On the way the park will go through highs and lows, and at point will be closed and construction will be "stopped" (I'll continue the park but it'll be abandoned; don't worry, I won't give up the park yet).

Hello! Welcome to Beach Grove Amusement Park! I am John Spencer, the Public Relations coordinator of the park. We opened 3 years ago and we have had a good time. Since this is the off season, I can show you around the park that people don't normally see.

Here is the main building of the park. This contains everything for the well being of our park, such as guest relations, park resources, and the like. It's our "Central Building," if you will. You can see our carousel too; that was donated to us when the park opened. The ride itself is from 1910, so it's not that old.

This is our "midway" so to speak. We have a Ferris wheel, rotor ride, and a spiral slide for the kids. That building right there? That contains more offices for park management, as well as the kitchen; the food cooked there is brought over to a small dining area where you order. We use fresh ingredients; don't worry!

Here we have our flagship rides. The Parachutes, which takes riders up to 120 feet and then drops them gently, simulating the effect of parachuting; the Wave Swing, and our crown jewel, the John Miller-designed Pelican.

Pelican is what you would call an "out-and-back" style roller coaster. It goes out through many hills, turns around, and comes back. Simple, but very effective!

Here is the turn-around. Pelican is built in a lot of vegetation. This is something we want to keep in our park.

And how can we forget about this ride? This is Sopwiths, a roll-o-plane type ride. I can't describe it; you'll have to go on it yourself!

Well, here is our "back-stage" tour, so to speak. The park is very near opening, and I can't wait to see the rides in full operation.

-John Spencer

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Several things; yes I am influenced by Coasterdude5. I think his work is great, and what I have done pales in comparison to that. Anyway, if you see something that needs fixing or doing over, please post. Constructive criticism is good!

--Dan

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some more work done on the park. I'm kinda stuck though for flat rides, considering I am trying to keep this period specific (1920s). I had a Aileron ride which I thought was an older ride type but it turns out they were introduced by Chance Rides in 2003, which of course, wouldn't work. In any case, here are things as they stand.

John Spencer here; things have really changed in the past few weeks! Since your last visit, we have constructed a new roller coaster to compliment Pelican, had a Mini-golf built, and constructed a few more flat rides as well as other essentials.

This is the new coaster; Flip-Flap. It's a reverser type which we bought the plans from a park that was sadly going out of business. The ride is a lot less intense than Pelican, so I think it would be good with the families.

Our Mini-golf. I am sorry that the weather is quite gloomy; we had a freak thunderstorm come through the area. Good thing it was fully built before!

We commissioned Hector Guimard to design our Mini-golf entrance. He is also the genius behind our main entrance as well. Shame that tree is in the way though.

Here is Dive Bombers. It's the "big boy" version of Sopwiths you saw earlier. Should be a hit with the guests.

Banyan Cruisers is another family ride. Like with Pelican, we tried to incorporate the ride with the local vegetation.

Here is our main arcade. Plenty of games on the 2nd floor of the 2nd building! Good fun too.

Our 5-star restaurant; The Grovestand. I wish that pole was not in the way; terribly sorry about that.

We are 2 days away from opening the park. Stay tuned; I am sure guests will love this park!