TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Email Opt Out?

RiscIt

There was a time when this board was just about nice coaster videos... Now all my forum membership here seems to get me is 2-3 messages a week about a DVD for sale or a trip I'll never be able to afford.

Is there a promotional email opt-out?

The messages have a "Powered by PHPlist, www.phplist.com --" footer but no unsubscribe options or even a "you are receiving this message *because*...." line (a serious mass-email breach of etiquette in my book, but that's another rant entirely)...

In any case... Is it possible to be a member of the forum without getting all the promotional emails and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has already been answered. Look before just making a thread. Also it's not spam. It's called getting the word out. Not everyone can go on the site whenever they want so the emails keep them updated. And if you can't afford the trip, too bad. Robbs not going to stop sending you trip emails just because you can't afford one. The email list is a great thing that's just one more thing Robb does that takes time and makes the site awesome.

There was a time when this board was just about nice coaster videos... Now all my forum membership here seems to get me is 2-3 messages a week about a DVD for sale or a trip I'll never be able to afford.

What, you mean the 1,500 videos on CoasterTube are not good enough for you?

The link is also found on the ToS page:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177

Look at section #6.

--Robb