TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wondering about Mount Olympus

I'll be going to Wisconsin Dells a week from tomorrow , and I'm just wondering what some of your views on the "Mount Olympus" park are.

I've heard about Hades, and it looks awesome, as well as Cylcops, and even Pegasus, although Zeus kind of scares me, as I saw in a YouTube video, a train overshot the brakes and stopped one car too far out of the station.

Otherwise, I'm just wondering, based on your expieriences, how the park is, with ride ops, food quality/prices, crowds, etc. (there's only two, short photo TR's, that don't explain too much, but I plan on taking pics myself).

Thanks I apperciate any input

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a few awesome coasters (Hades, Cyclops in back row are awesome) and some awesome go kart tracks. Prices have skyrocketed the past few years, they now charge for parking and admission is like $35. Operations are TERRIBLE, the worst. The ride ops are so bad its actually kindve comical watching them. The "indoor theme park" is a joke and Opa is really slow and doesnt spin much.

Its worth a visit though just for Hades, Cyclops, and the Gokarts. You need to be 18 to ride Cyclops in the back row (though they prolly dont check).

While your there make sure to go down the street to Timber Falls and ride the coaster, amazing.

Hades and Cyclops are good. Pegasus and Zeus are rough. Go Kart tracks are a LOT of fun and HUGE. The "indoor park" is not much. Also, you might want to try out the water park and ride Triton, those slides get some serious air.

The operations and staff, sadly, are probably the worst I have seen in any park I have ever been in. Most of the employees are easily unmotivated and don't give two hoots about their job (they don't even enforce the infamous Cyclops rule unless some things changed).

If you're in the Dells, also take Papas's advice and go to Timber Falls. Avalanche/whatever its name is now is an awesome wooden coaster that doesn't lose steam.

Hades is fantastic. Cyclops is great, but it's extremely short. Zeus is incredible at night. I thought I was going to be eaten by a bear. Pegasus is completely lame. No forces at all.

The park has to many go-kart tracks for its own good, and I had bad experiences on both of the ones I did. On Medusa's Drop, I simply had a slow cart, but on the Trojan horse one, somebody slammed into me, spun out, and sat there watching everyone lap me three times while the operator wasn't paying attention.

The staff is incompetent enough to be frightening. They are rude, they do not know what they are doing, and the park is absolutely going to face a lawsuit before long because of a gruesome accident caused by employee negligence.

Quite honestly, I liked not-Avalanche (just across the street from Mt. O) better than all of the coasters at Olympus. If you happen to ride Avalanche (I don't even know what they call it now), sit in the front row.

Operations are TERRIBLE, the worst. The ride ops are so bad its actually kindve comical watching them. The "indoor theme park" is a joke and Opa is really slow and doesnt spin much.

When I went operations were great. They interacted with the riders and got the trains moving. The indoor theme park is more for familys with little kids. It's not the best but before they got it if it rained and everything closed the only thing was the indoor water park. Every park should have some covered rides and even though you didnt like the indoor park, I saw lots of other kids having fun in it. I do agree that Opa is slow. Thats the only ride I saw with bad operations. They hit the brakes and stopped every car like three times. I also saw where you sit makes your car spin more/less.

Pegasus is completely lame. No forces at all.

It's a kiddy woody what do you expect?

Anyways despite operarions and that stuff, you'll love the park. I hope Hades runs good for you cuz Im going to Mt.O anyday from the 23-26 when Im going up to the Dells.

^I don't know which park you went to, but it certainly wasn't Mt. Olympus. There are no fences, so guests are free to climb on supports and tracks, the ride ops absolutely do not communicate, harnesses are not usually checked, employees sit on the tracks while waiting for the train to come back, and the price of admission is not constant. It's horribly run.

^Not in the least.

I visited for the first time back in May and it was a mix of everything that has been said. HOWEVER...

We went the weekend before Memorial Day so it was still pretty chilly up there (by my Vegas standards) so they only had Zues, Cyclops, the go kart tracks and the indoor water park and theme park open. Later on it warmed up to the very low 60s they finally opened Hades and Apollo's Swing. We got lucky because they were only charging $20 for the wristband and with no lines for anything (expect the gokarts) we got more than our money's worth

That said, I had a good time. My friend is from the area and told me to keep my expectations low and I had a good time. The staff could be better, but they are mostly internationals so maybe its a cultural thing. I question some of the saftey operations, but I cant say I ever feared for my life. Its true you are supposed to be 18 to sit in the back of Cyclops, but they never checked.

As for the mention of Zues overshooting the brakes, Zues and Cyclops are manually braked in the station by the op. Some ops are much better than others at stopping the trains and in theory you can let a train go right through (as Ive heard they do during some special events).