TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild! RCT3 Expansion Confirmed!

Well it's finally out there, it's been known for awhile that the next expansion would be called Wild! and plenty of people guessed it would be based around Zoo/Safari type items.

Worthplaying and 3D Gamers have both got a little blurb as well as the first 4 shots.

I must admit I'm pretty excited about this expansion, from the screenshots you can see quite a few new bits and pieces, from the new coaster type that merges tracks (is this based on a real/prototype coaster? see attached image) to a giant wheel and plane flatride.

All the animals look fairly good too.

What do people think ? I am quite excited about being able to mix animals with my parks.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it totally looks like Zoo Tycoon, which i don't prefer...

Well, I guess the fact it has animals in makes it a BIT like Zoo Tycoon, but the last time I looked Zoo Tycoon didn't have coasters in it

Seriously though, if the expansion is anything like Soaked! there will be plenty of non-animal related additions too, like new coasters, scenery, flatrides, maybe even some tunnel and waterpark enhancements.

The major difference is that it's not trying to be a Zoo/Safari sim, I doubt there will be much if any animal micromanagement (It'll probably have roughly the same amount of Micromanagement as Soaked added, with the water pollution). And ultimately you don't need to use the animals if you don't want to.

To be honest a lot of theme parks today have some form of animal enclosures/features so I think that adding animals is a logical step, just as adding waterparks in Soaked was.

I'll be disappointed if they put much micromanagement in, the zoo keeper for cleaning up poop is fine (much like the handyman already I imagine) but much more than that might be a problem for some people.

The site said you'll have to chase down escaped aminals and shoot em' with a tranquilizer. I think that's going in a little too far.

True, but I guess it depends how it's implemented. If the animals escaping is like a disaster or something that occurs for failing to have a handyman or equivalent inspect the areas (much like coaster/ride breakdowns at the minute) then it MIGHT be okay. As it'd be a once or twice a game year event.

If it's a regular thing then it could get annoying (admittedly it'd likely only be clicking on the animal) but I totally agree, it doesn't seem very RCT-like having "action" elements in there.

^^Right, I agree, if its only a couple times that'll be fine. But if you're constantly trying to hunt down escaped animals, that might defeat the purpose of Roller Coaster Tycoon.

I totally agree, it's one element that could potentially wreck the expansion, although I'll still end up getting it I think, even if just for the new coaster types and scenery

Escaping animals! LOL,

can they eat the peeps?

Did they correct the bugs when it came to coasters that should fly off the tracks? (ie, boblsed, side frictions, etc)

hehe, no-one knows yet although I'd guess no, as peeps can't die even through drowning. It would be neat to have that, especially if it affected your park or rides popularity.

As for the bugs on coasters... I don't know to be honest, I know with Soaked they seem to have accidentally crippled some ride pieces while fixing other bugs and things. But I don't really know much about real-life coasters so I can't compare from within the game. I know they fixed some friction issues with patch #2 pre-soaked, so I'd guess they probably fixed more for Soaked!

(I love coasters in real life but don't really get the chance to see many, I'm nowhere near the level of recognising coaster manufacturer based on track like some of the people on here seem to be )

Speaking of coasters, the new coaster type that's in that shot, I get the impression it's of a real ride/prototype, does anyone have any real life pics of it ? It looks really cool !

Well, I've since found out that that coaster type is the Setpoint Seizmic, or it at least looks like it.

I've been told that it never got past model prototyping as the Multidimensional 4D happened around the same time and that got more attention. Is that true ? Are there any pics of the model ?

What capabilities does the coaster have, can it loop etc ?

As for Wild! I'd love to see Frontier add vertical tunnelling and make the tunnelling fairly intelligent so it can automatically adjust the exit itself so you don't need to edit terrain tiles yourself.

A couple of new pics have been released on the official forums in the Friday Wild! Screens thread by David Braben.

Further down that thread he also commented that they are thinking of adding new coaster pieces to the existing coaster types!

Which for me at least is a great move, Wild! so far looks like it's going to offer quite a bit. With the showing of some carnival type flatrides (Ring of Fire and Giant Wheel) as well as at least ONE new coaster type, new coaster pieces for existing ones and the whole Safari/Zoo aspect. There should be something for everyone, like with Soaked!

People complain that frontier are making an Animal Expansion, but realistically what else could they have done ? Darkrides and Midway Games (both requested an awful lot) aren't big enough to base an expansion around, but maybe there'll be elements of those in Wild ?

Ladies and Gentlemen, we officially have a robo coasterfor RCT3!!

And some other stuff...

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=535dc4ee856eec68cb5216e271ad64bb&threadid=485179

Thanks for posting a link to the two new pics coasterdude5.... I'm a bit slow today

By the looks of the 2nd pic it seems like we will be getting some sort of Giant Garden theming (from the look of the worms at least) and some Dinosaur theming maybe ? (based on the dino skeleton and the new dino kiddie ride)

And that Giant Ferris Wheel is huge !!!

As for the 1st pic, elephant rides look cool, it seems they might follow the flags you can see on the ground.

As for the Robocoaster, I hope they include the Thrill Ride version as well as the coaster prototype. It does look VERY cool though.

It looks like a few new stalls as well, there is a Safari Hat stall and the dino head stall might be food ?

It's looking very cool so far, I'm getting pretty excited. If we get some upgrades for existing coasters as well then it'll be great. Having two prototype coasters (The Robo and the Seismic) is a neat addition.

This looks freaking tacky.

Edit: Quote from that page 'this looks like its going to be the "Time Twister" of RCT3'

To be fair, the second screenshot is the only one you could conceivably call tacky, and to be honest they've probably just stuck a whole bunch of new stuff together in one pic to show some possibilities. The worm stuff definitely doesn't fit with the sci-fi Robocoaster and new tesla-style light fitting.

Plus to decide that an entire expansion is "tacky" based on 8 screenshots is just a tad premature.

And yes Time Twister wasn't a great expansion, you could argue it was a big pile of elephant doo-doo but I don't think it's fair at this point to compare Wild! to it. Wild! already has new rides, new gameplay possiblities with animals as well as the obligatory scenery and scenarios compared to Time Twisters paltry scenery and new scenarios, many of which were barely average.

Based on what Frontier achieved with Soaked! we have every reason to believe Wild! will be at least as good.

And even though TT was a terrible expansion it still sold shedloads!!!

Edit: Also, it would be better overall if you could intelligent describe your issues with what you have seen so far instead of using childish off the wall comments like "freaking tacky". Using comments like that don't generate discussion, they just make you look childish.

Okay, that was a bit over the top, but still, it was just my opinion. Pucechan, you're missing the fact I said it looks tacky, which dosen't mean it is, I was just meaning that Atari's choice in screenshot releases makes it look like that to me, and thats what I am judging on. A better thing for me to say would of been 'these make it look tacky'.

Okay, that was a bit over the top, but still, it was just my opinion. Pucechan, you're missing the fact I said it looks tacky, which dosen't mean it is, I was just meaning that Atari's choice in screenshot releases makes it look like that to me, and thats what I am judging on. A better thing for me to say would of been 'these make it look tacky'.

Fair enough, I agree, they could probably have found a more interesting looking screenshot, and hopefully they will in following Fridays.

But you have to remember that what people write can be taken a couple of ways depending on how they are read.

It also depends a lot on where people are from, how well they know you etc.

Just saying, "This looks freaking tacky." especially with the freaking, looks like a straight out attack and a comment meant not just as a troll but as a wholly negative statement. Single-line posts are rarely constructive unless in a poll-type situation. A little clarification would have made that post look a lot more mature and un-troll like.