TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coastermania 2008! - Photo Trip Report

tdtmf

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Glad you liked the report. I've got a buddy moving to PA in a couple months. What parks/coasters are in your area that we should hit?

Well it would depend on what area, but the whole state is loaded with parks. There is dorneypark in allentown, hersheypark in hershey, knoebels in elysburg, waldameer in erie and kennywood near pittsburgh. Then there are some smaller parks that are worth while going to like delgrosso's and lakemont which are both near altoona , and there is ildewild below kennywood, and dutch wonderland in lancaster . I guess that is about it. Here is a link to rcdb.

www.rcdb.com/qs1.htm?quicksearch=pennsylvania

Thanks! Glad you liked the report. I've got a buddy moving to PA in a couple months. What parks/coasters are in your area that we should hit?

Well it would depend on what area, but the whole state is loaded with parks. There is dorneypark in allentown, hersheypark in hershey, knoebels in elysburg, waldameer in erie and kennywood near pittsburgh. Then there are some smaller parks that are worth while going to like delgrosso's and lakemont which are both near altoona , and there is ildewild below kennywood, and dutch wonderland in lancaster . I guess that is about it. Here is a link to rcdb.

www.rcdb.com/qs1.htm?quicksearch=pennsylvania

Thanks so much! He just left Texas yesterday for Corning, NY - just over the PA boarder. We are starting to plan our first trip to visit!

• 8 months later...

Great shots and description of Cedar Point! I am planning a 4 day trip to Cedar Point this june. I have a few questions about the park that I thought you might be able to help me with if you don't mind. What was the temperature (high/low) for the middle of june? What rides were open during the early access time for staying in a Cedar Point Hotel? What was the longest wait?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not the OP but I have worked at CP for almost 20 years, so I thought I would address your questions for you.

Early Entry: Enter the park ONE HOUR before the general public to ride Maverick, Millennium Force, Iron Dragon, Raptor and the rides in Planet Snoopy! Weather or maintenance conditions may make rides unavailable. (Got that right off the site: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/resorts/index.cfm )

Weather: Typically mid-June brings high-70's to low-80's temps without much humidity yet. But it can still get quite cool, especially if it's overcast or you stay into the evening. You'll want to be sure to bring a sweatshirt with you, just in case.

Waits: Weekdays are obviously the better choice for visiting the park. I won't lie, by the times schools are out in mid-June, the weekends are getting busy. Not as bad as July, Aug, Sept, and Oct, but you will most likely be looking at 45 minutes to 90 mins. waits, depending upon the ride.

I hope this helps and have a GREAT visit!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad you liked the pics.

We were able to ride all the coaters in 2 days, but we were there early in June and stayed at a CP hotel so we were able to take advantage of the early entry to the park. And we didn't ride any flat rides at all. On a packed summer week, I could see it taking at least 3 days to do the park. The locals on the board may be able to offer more insight.

Have a great trip.

Tom

^This trip report was from last year. They weren't clearing land then. Was there any mention of future additions at the Q&A session? Although the reports from a year ago, it was still very good.

Thanks Patrick. Glad you liked it.