TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CI Cyclone w/2 trains?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably my favorite coaster. I have only been there about 5 times to ride it, but man what a great ride!

Does it ever run 2 trains? I know they have them, but don't remember seeing them both run at the same time.

When demand calls, they absolutely will run two trains on Cyclone. The transfer process is as no frills as any in the business- the entire crew pulls the train out of the storage shed onto the transfer track and then pushes it over to the loading area and then promptly loads the train (usually without a single test cycle) and off you go.

While I have never personally seen it, several Coney experts swear to me that back in Coney's prime that the ride would run all three of its trains at the same time. As it operates today, they do operate two at the same time, but never have them stacked in load/unload stations together.

-Mark

^Thanks for replying Mark! I would sure like to see 2 or 3 trains running! How cool would that be. I've never waited more than like 2 minutes to ride any seat on the ride. It really is one of the best.

I remember reading that Riverview Bobs ran 3 most of the time. Times are different now.