TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Queue lenght IOA and USF 5th of August

hyyyper

I have 3 questions basically,

1. What are the lines at, for example, Dueling Dragons, Hulk and Revenge of the Mummy?

2. Is the express pass worth purchasing 5th of August?

3. Since the express pass lets you use each attraction only once, does DD count for one, or do Ice and Fire count as 2 attractions?

thanks in advance

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It's toward the end of summer vacation for most schools, so my guess is that it may be busy with fairly long lines.

2. Express Pass may be worth the money, but there's another option to consider (see below).

3. I've never bought daytime Express Passes, but the Halloween Horror Nights Express Passes were once only to Dueling Dragons, as I recall. So it's one or the other, not both.

As for the other option: How many people would be in your party? How much will you be spending on lodging per night? And would you possibly be visiting the Universal parks for two days instead of just one?

The reason those questions are relevant is that if you have a room at one of the on-site hotels, your room key acts as an unlimited Express Pass for the duration of your stay.

Example: Book a room for the night of the 5th. Current rate for 4 adults at Royal Pacific is $294 a night. You can check in first thing in the morning, even if the room's not ready, and receive your four room keys. Go to the park, ride all you want, using Express entrances all day long as many times as you like.

Stay in the room that night.

Check out of the hotel, then go back to the parks. Your room keys are good as unlimited Express Passes on this day as well! Enjoy your short wait times for a second day.

Right now Express Passes aren't listed as available for August 5 (which may mean they don't expect crowds to be that big after all; I don't know), but the dates around then are going for $45.99 per person for a one-park Express. If you have 4 people, multiply that by 4, then by 2 days, and the Express Passes would cost more by themselves than the room would!

So in this type of scenario (with multiple people in one room and visiting for two days), booking an on-site hotel room is actually cheaper and better than going for a cheap hotel room off property and getting Express Passes separately. It's almost like you're getting the hotel room for free.

^^there's only the two of us, and i checked universals website, the express pass for the 5th would be $41, since my lodging in orlando is $20 per night per person, staying on property would be too expensive. I'll just go with the express pass. Thanks for the input

Actually, the price of a room for the Royal Pacific on your dates is $244/night. I checked for a AAA discount and couldn't find one. You can also get the Hard Rock Hotel for $269.10/night with a AAA discount.

Also, consider that your room key acts as an unlimited Universal Express pass. You can use it as many times as you want. For the paid Express pass, you can only use it once per ride. The room key is good from 7 am on the date of your check-in until midnight of the date of your check-out.

As for Dueling Dragons, you can use the re-entry door near the exit if you want to ride again. It allows you to enter and be very close to the load station.