TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

XtremE now open at Blue Bayou

XtremE is now open at Blue Bayou. It officially opened Sat March 26th.

My intention was to go ride Xtreme and take lots of photos around the park. A friend of mine works at the park and what happened was we hung out, rode the coasters a few times, took a little tour of the construction sites and just hung out. By the time we finished it was very late and i had only taken a few photos earlier.

XtremE does not have a sign yet. The original sign is Extrem. What i hear is the sign is in the shop now. The E is suppose to be moved to the end and an X is being added to the front. If that is the case then it's name is XtremE. Although the website says Extrem.

Currently the ride is having a few small tech difficulties which haults operation temporarily. Hopefully these bugs will be worked out soon.

As far as the spin goes, it depends on the weight distribution. My first ride was with two kids in front and myself in back. The car hardly spun. Secontd was just my friend and I in the front. the car spun like crazy. Another time it was us, with two small girls and it spun like mad again. It seemed that off center weight to one side causes LOTS of spin, even weight, not so much. This ride will jerk you around a bit and sometimes certainly jar you, but every ride is different. When it happened at it's worse it didn't "hurt", but was very uncomfortable. Your milage may vary depending on your tolerance level.

Here is XtremE

Ride Fault!

Why?

Because of this.

This is how they stow the ride unit covers. Sometimes they might hang them on the rails.

A local told me they probably do that so if it rains, they are right there to grab and cover the ride. I thought that was so funny.

Like i said, not much in the photo department. I did get a good look at the shot tower which is a combo. It gave real good air going up and down. What i like about it is the tubes in the center are decaled and it looks great. There are also some animated signs on each side at the top of the tower alternating between flames and the name Hot Shot. The signs down at the bottom of the ride do the same. Looks very good.

And one in 3D which require red / cyan 3D glasses to see the 3D effect.

Thats it for now. In the near future i will have lots of pics of the park and a video.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic