TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TDLFAN's Chinese New year visit to HKDL/Photos

I visited HKDL on February 16th and got to enjoy the park during this unique and very festive time in all of China. The park was decorated for the ocasion and a lovely and colorful show was presented at the Castle Forecourt to celebrate the Year of the Pig. (Sorry but every time I say the Pig word, I am reminded of my favorite line on MuppetVision 3D "Too bad they had to spoil it... with a Pig", in addition to an ex- of mine..)

This is my 6th visit to HKDL so far and I have to admit that the more I visit this little Kingdom, the more I like it for it cosmetic beauty and improved classic feel of it. I am a sucker for Penny's Bay framing mountains as well so that adds to the ambiance for me. This time, as the major holiday was about to begin in China, I found the park busy...Upon entering Main Street, all seemed calm, and quiet. However, the further you went into the park, the more crowded it got. By nightfall...the park was packed! It was my very first time seeing the park busy, which compared to crowds at the other parks, this was still modest. But still... 45 mins wait for the Orbitron is quite long here. The only complaint I had was a certain lack of crowd control by the castle as more and more guests crammed to fill in every possible micro-inch of space to catch "Disney's Chinese New Year" show. But with the exception of a few pushy people, most everyone was well behaved, to a certain degree. Why do the chinese have to scream so much when they talk to one another?!?! Must be cultural.. Oh well..

The special show at the castle did NOT disappoint. Chinese pageantry with thundering drums and playful dragons... it was a fabulous treat. Made "Scream Along with Tricky" at the MK look like an episode of Barney on PBS. The only sored spot was the temporary set up of the stage which blocked the castle in the daytime, but that was quickly forgiven by the cheer spectacle and colorful lighting they put up during this show, which was also painfully short at 12 mins long. I would have added some chinese acrobats a la Mulan show at DLP, and stretched it to at least 20 mins. However.. all in all, it was a small spectacular and the crowd loved it. I certainly did! KUDOS to the HKDL entertainment division.

KUDOS also to the maintenance and custodials. The park still looks sparkling clean and well kept all over. Great job!

Anyways... here are the photos from my afternoon at HKDL. They are a bit dark because it was very overcast the entire day with some little pesky showers every now and then... but nothing to cause discomfort. This is a MEGA-photo album with 214 photos... so enjoy and feel free to ask any questions or comment. Each photo is captioned to improve your experience and for me to praise/critique/be funny? etc etc... So ENJOY!!!

http://tinyurl.com/3cvlgl

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic