TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags Magic Mountain - 8/20/06

Well, I got back from my second (and by far best) visit to Magic Mountain today! Today was about 100 times better than last time, because last time was on Tatsu opening day and it was so crowded that we only got on 4 rides in 12 hours.

Anyway, let's cut to the chase of what went on up at the Mountain:

Arrival to park:

We arrived at about 8:45 AM, and were the first people through the metal detectors and at the gate. When we opened the gate, a few people were ahead of us, but we were generally in the front.

Ride 1 - Tatsu:

After running a whole lot uphill, we got to Tatsu and waited in the only existant line for the front row. We had to wait for one train, but that took about 5 minutes due to horrid operations in the morning. Great ride -- But not nearly as good as I remember it on opening day -- it seems to run a lot slower than it did then... 9/10 (it was 10/10 on opening day)

Ride 2 - Deja Vu:

Next, we went down the hill and over to Deja Vu, with a 10-minute wait for row 7. This was the first time I rode it, so I highly underestimated it. This ride is very intense, and quite amazing in my opinion... The first drop is loads of fun/intensity and the rest of the ride isn't too rough at all! I actually enjoyed it more than Tatsu! 10/10

Ride 3 - The Riddler's Revenge:

The last time I was at MM, this was the first coaster I ever rode AND LIKED in my life... so going on this brought back memories for me. The wait was about 5 minutes for 5th row. It was running a bit rougher than last time, but is still a great ride. 8.5/10

Ride 4 - Grinder Gearworks:

This was the first time I ever rode one of these spinning centrifugal force rides, so I though it was weird. Kind of fun, because it was a walk-on and my friend and I stood on opposite sides to converse which each other during the ride... very weird. 5/10

Ride 5 - Batman: The Ride:

Like Riddler's, this was running a bit rougher than I remember (as was everything else in the park for some reason). Wait was about 5 minutes. Aside from a bit of headbanging, I got row 7 and this is still a great ride; although very short... 8/10

Ride 6 - Scream!:

This was the first time I rode Scream!, and I found it to be very good. Waited about 2 minutes. Nothing totally special in my opinion, but still a good amount of fun (especially for the short wait it usually has). 8/10

Ride 7 - Colossus:

One of the smoother woodies I've been on, but it does have insane jackhammering at the bottom of the 2nd and 3rd drops. Also, we got stuck on the brake run near the end of the ride (not the final one) and I think it may have E-Stopped, because we slammed into the brakes so hard that I almost hit my head on the front of the seat (and my brother actually did). Waited about 10 minutes because someone vomited... 6/10

Ride 8 - Goliath:

This was the first coaster with mainly a huge drop and lapbars that I've ever ridden, and I found it to be very good. We waited about 10 minutes. The whole ride is fun, but the helix is pushing it a little and I don't like the tiny restraints much. 8.5/10

Ride 9 - Goldrusher:

Waited about 2 minutes. Nothing really too special about this ride, and it's pretty rough... 3/10

Ride 10 - Ninja:

Waited about 5 minutes. The only suspended one I've ridden, and I think it's weird but fun. Nothing great, but a good break after the intense Goliath! 6/10

Ride 11 - Superman: The Escape:

The left side was running today (not the right), so we decided to ride it. The launch is kind of fun, but the rest of the ride is really mediocre (and too short). 5/10

Lunch:

After Superman, we had lunch at the Laughing Dragon Pizza Company. Nice, cool atmosphere, but the food isn't too great. 6/10

Ride 12 - Scream!:

After lunch, we decided to go over to the furthest point we would be, then work our way back to Tatsu again. We rode Scream again... and it was pretty good... same wait as last time - 8/10

Rides skipped on the way to Tatsu: Batman (at least 30 minute wait), The Riddler's Revenge (1:30 wait), Deja Vu (2-3 hour wait)

Ride 13 - Tatsu:

We decided to wait in line and ride Tatsu again. The person at the entrance told us an hour, but it was an hour and a half because it broke down for a while when we were waiting. 9.5/10

Ride 14 - Viper:

I didn't ride this because I was exhausted and didn't want any headbanging like last time I tried it. My 2 other guests rode it while I sat out.

We then went to the gift shop, where I got a Deja Vu T-Shirt. We got some popcorn and souvenier cup refills, and then left around 5:30.

Overall: An awesome day at Magic Mountain - I just wish X was open (I still haven't ridden it!!)... 9/10

DSC01170.jpg.88af41af9bd80a82a829875e225dbb19.jpg

That's all, folks!

DSC01159.jpg.f87cc5d135331e9bb6791948d0620674.jpg

I'll get you next time...

DSC01154.jpg.9294ef10080234792902eababace611e.jpg

Whaddya mean X is closed?! I'm runnin' to it either way!

DSC01150.jpg.4a289cb2d02790680e5c7b250fb19dd8.jpg

It's back to McDonald's [station] for another ride on Tatsu!

DSC01141.jpg.62b357c9307636ccc5c0c47e4e79f262.jpg

Here we are, about to mess with the S. Hehehehehehehe.

DSC01140.jpg.71214f94db2a5da02c1ae3a1c9e08582.jpg

Don't mess with the S!

DSC01134.jpg.86fbc4d89719a3e44357e2f6c95d25da.jpg

I've had better pizza... but this was good enough.

DSC01133.jpg.e48f1972cba9b239c51688852eb911c9.jpg

Ninjas > Pirates

DSC01128.jpg.a88eae65e2671de34d9a40ded1b1379f.jpg

Getting ready for Goldrusher/Rough-Transition Coaster

DSC01125.jpg.23311d8159a14b72c5de769ca5aa9f8a.jpg

Here we are, about to ride OLIA.

DSC01116.jpg.0ce13376f7b53ee9c3e6eebb1c163b0b.jpg

Dive loops > Vertical loops

DSC01105.jpg.d056ff0cfe14011387b9bd9c68f3fe0a.jpg

Who's afraid of the big black bat?

DSC01087.jpg.20debcc48fd8cf635ac314f392dc7a9e.jpg

Here it is... the ride that got me into all this coaster-loving craziness!

DSC01083.jpg.3067b322a039d84115250a09b48e4cc4.jpg

Generic photo after a good ride on Tatsu... (I'm in the middle)

DSC01080.jpg.a8816abb0eb960314b53b1b9c54182e6.jpg

It's time for the cheesiest opening parade ever!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ride 7 - Colossus:

One of the smoother woodies I've been on, but it does have insane jackhammering at the bottom of the 2nd and 3rd drops. Also, we got stuck on the brake run near the end of the ride (not the final one) and I think it may have E-Stopped, because we slammed into the brakes so hard that I almost hit my head on the front of the seat (and my brother actually did). Waited about 10 minutes because someone vomited... 6/10

Ride 8 - Goliath:

This was the first coaster with mainly a huge drop and lapbars that I've ever ridden, and I found it to be very good. We waited about 10 minutes. The whole ride is fun, but the helix is pushing it a little and I don't like the tiny restraints much. 8.5/10

I was there too, I'm his brother.

Here's my comments.

1. Colossus: rougher than I remeber it being three days ago. Yes, that did hurt.....bad......especially slaming my head into the padding hard on the e-stop.......oh well....

2. Goliath: YOU FORGOT TO SAY HOW MUCH ****ING PAIN I WAS IN DURING THAT HELIX!

For all of you who dont know what I'm saying, I shall proceed to explaining. The helix was extremely painful for me. (Most likley due to some problems I had during birth which idont feel like explaining cause it will take too long) Anyway, the helix, cause more than a problem....it caused almost a complete blackout, and made me feel like i was about to die.....NEVER. AGAIN. I dont seem to respond to geforce in the best way many times. I had grey out on batman.....

Other than Goliath, that day was great!

Anyway, the helix, cause more than a problem....it caused almost a complete blackout, and made me feel like i was about to die.....NEVER. AGAIN. I dont seem to respond to geforce in the best way many times. I had grey out on batman.....

Don't feel too bad. I too greyout on Batman and I almost blackout on Goliath every time. One time it was so bad that I was slightly disoriented and didn't realize what was happening for a second or two all I could hear was people screaming and the coaster noise.

I notice that if I am hydrated and/or not on an empty stomach I take Goliath's helix much better.