TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Flying Snake (NL)

Twist, turn, and dive through the sky at high speeds on The Flying Snake!

This ride is all about air and hangtime, that fun and disorienting sensation you get at the top of inversions when you are turned upside down.

Statistics:

Height: 152 ft

Speed: 65 mph

Inversions: 9

Length: 4229.62 ft

Max G Force: 4.1

3 Trains, 8 Cars each

For more details and a description of the layout and it's element's, visit http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p2151

This coaster has exactly TWO prefab supports. Everything else, including all supports, flanges, railings, emergency escapes, and other details were all made by hand with custom supports.

Please download, ride, and give feedback.. I want to improve!

If you have an account on Coastersims, I would appreciate if you rated it there also.

Link to the Track's page on Coastersims (Must be logged in to coastersims in order for the link to work)

The Flying Snake.nltrack

NoLimits Track - The Flying Snake

692-15213-lg.jpg.7b28550775ad65ad92eb1d575f403d91.jpg

I hope this screenshot isn't too big

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok. There are a few things that bugged me a little.

1. The lift seems to tighten after it peaks. Make it one smooth transition with both segments having the same radius.

2. Make the drop only 1 segment. It makes it a lot smoother and may reduce Vert. G's at the bottom.

3. DON'T EVER, EVER USE PREMADE ELEMENTS. THEY SUCK ASS. (most obviously the 0-G roll)

4. To me it is rather unusual that you have a sea serpent and a cobra roll in the same track. Consider a wider variety of elements or make up your own, especially with the 3 loops you have.

5. NO S CURVES WITHOUT BANKING. That is Lat. G central (which is bad). Maybe make the brake run on a diagonal run so that the brakes just run from the end of the corkscrew to the end of the station.

I loved the supports on the lift!

This was my first time using more than one segment in a drop. Before, I always used only one, it was easier to get the pumping out.

But I attempted two this time, and I got the shape I desired, which was worh the extra time it took to shape. I put the sea serpent in because I like that element. Honestly, I hate cobra rolls, I only put one in because I needed a turnaround inversion and a dive loop or immelmann wouldnt have worked in my layout. Thanks for the comments on the lift supports, they took 3 times as long as the supports for the rest of the entire coaster.

Every track I make, I get better, so I always appreciate feedback and advice, thank you who have taken the time to download and critique.

And I happen to love vertical loops. Thats why I put three in. A nice, big, vertical loop with a with tons of air at the top is a ton of fun!

With my next track I will attempt to not use prefab elements. It will probably be very difficult on my first try.

^We've said this before. Use at least 2 segments for your drop, preferably 3 or more. The first drop would work fine as the top of the lift, the main drop/transition, and the bottom.

No, no. With a straight drop, 1 segment will make the drop one smooth transition. With 2 or 3 the drop will/might bump.

^We've said this before. Use at least 2 segments for your drop, preferably 3 or more. The first drop would work fine as the top of the lift, the main drop/transition, and the bottom.

No, no. With a straight drop, 1 segment will make the drop one smooth transition. With 2 or 3 the drop will/might bump.

Not if you take time and build it right