TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster Count Spreadsheet

I made a thread a long time ago with the master spreadsheet that I use for journaling all of my park visits, as an example for other people who like nerdily counting credits like I do.

I didn't want to bump that thread, though, b/c I'd rather post this in the Random subforum.

Now that I'm more comfortable with Excel's features, I wanted to have another go at it.

I didn't really care about all the specific ride stats, like steel/wood, inversions, and track length. Excel does have some rudimentary relational database features via the PowerPivot addon, which could help prevent duplicate entries of this ride-specific data. It was frustrating to work with, though, so I just scrapped that idea and pared it down to the basics:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linky to file:

Coaster Count 3.01 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz19S2TregSZX09JRFl3QkhrSW8

Inputs:

• Date range of park visit
    Park Name (fill in Original Park Name in the collapsible column next to renamed parks, or next to rides that have been relocated)
    Ride Name (fill in Original Ride Name in the collapsible column next to rides that have been renamed)
    # of Laps on each ride during visit

Totals:

• Running total of laps on each ride
    Credit #, which shows up next to each new credit
    Total Credits (I count renamed and/or relocated rides as the same credit)
    Total laps on all rides
    # of unique parks visited (re-named parks are counted once)
    Total number of park visits

Extra collapsible columns that can be used to filter the data view:

Filter by:

• Original Park Name
    Year of visit
    Old (re-ridden)/New credits

Summary Sheet:

• Graph with the number of Old/New credits per year
    Top 10 most ridden
    List of all parks visited, sorted by visit count

Old versions:

Coaster Count 3.0 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz19S2TregSZZ3dXd0NIWHJ6UlU

Edited by nannerdw

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a new version of the spreadsheet with a few fixes.

See first post for download link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 3.01 - Changelog:

- Park list moved from Summary sheet to a separate Parks sheet. Current Park Names entered into that sheet will now show up in a dropdown list in the Park column of the Visits sheet.

- Park and Visit totals moved to Parks sheet

- Park count now only includes parks categorized as "Permanent Park"

- Added Filter: Is New Credit This Year (will remain blank for a credit that has been listed previously in the same year)

- Fixed Credits/Year graph, so that new credits ridden twice in the same year will still count as new.

- Excel has a "feature" which makes messy duplicates of your Conditional Formatting rules when you paste rows into a table. If the formatting gets messed up, you typically have to go through and delete any auto-added Conditional Formatting entries, and manually fix the "Applies To" ranges so that they span the entire table. I've added a VBA macro to automatically remove all Conditional Formatting, and then add back a single default formatting rule every time the Visits sheet is activated.

-I also added an address column to the Parks sheet, to take advantage of Excel's fancy new mapping tool.