TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: SFNE 4/18/06

Awesome day at SFNE today. Just about everything went right except one or two things. SWAT and Mind Eraser were the only rides closed. SWAT was lifted into the air a few times, but no more progress than that.

Arrived at the park just after 10 and got my pass processed right away. Got down to Superman at 10:15 and apparently, it opened on time today. At that point, it was only running the red train with all seats open. They were working on the blue train's wheels at that point. Mid morning, the blue train was added, but the last car of the red train was roped off. Anyways, got in back in about a half-hour and had a great first ride of the year.

Next up was a come-backer for 2006, Nightwing. The restraints felt tighter than last year. I don't know if they actually were, or if it was just due to my growth. The ride was fun, but loading still takes a while.

Next up was Scream. It started with all 3 towers, but the Hellevator tower closed mid-morning. No big deal. I walked on to the combo tower on the south side. Great ride besides the weaker than normal air on the launch.

Next was Splashwater Falls. At that point, the line was just before the station. The ride spins fast, but doesn't do much else. I didn't get a single drop of water on me. I imagine once they turn on the fountains and water cannons, it'll be a soaking ride.

Next after that was a great ride on Spider. I haven't had a ride this good on it in ages. The car spun non-stop and the ups and downs gave great airtime. the ride was a walk-on to a one load wait, but for some reason, the op unloaded all the cars, then loaded them afterwards everytime. Don't know the point of that.

Next was Double Trouble. Felt better on the legs than normal, but was still a bit painful when it went upside-down. Only spun one way, didn't turn around and go the other way.

Next were two walk-on rides on Batman, front and back. Very forceful in back and not as forceful in front, but the illusion on your feet hitting the track is cool. 2 trains running.

Next was a ride on Buzzsaw. It had a full car and had trouble getting up to full height. After that, it was a great ride as usual and probably the most interactive ride in the park.

After a worse-than-normal burger at Fast Eddie's, I took a ride on Kontiki. Rough ride and there were a bunch of 6 year old girls screaming in my ear.

Next up was a great ride on Twister, which was running in multi-flip mode. A walk-on like all the other flats.

Next was a trip to the renovated north end. Cyclone's line is cool under the ride with the coaster signs (besides "RIDE GREAT AMERICAN SCREAM MACHINE- SIX FLAGS OVER TEXAS", wrong park idiots). It had about a 20 minute wait with one train running. For some reason, when looking up at the ride, the new paint gives an illusion of the ride being smaller than it is. Rode in the back seat with that awesome ass-kicking ride. No first trim (and insane turns were bound in that section), but the second was on.

Next was was Time W4rp. Great ride as usual with a nice upside-down look at Pandemonium's long line. There was no more sign of a single rider line for it, so I didn't bother.

Next was Flashback. Felt rougher than last year, but more forceful. I almost blacked out in the loop. Waited a cycle for the back.

Another comebacker in 2006, Houdini was next. Same ride as usual, just wanted to ride it for the first time since what, last May?

Tomahawk was next. Awesome ride like usual. Gotta love the Huss Frisbee.

Next up was Thunderbolt. Waited 3 trains for the back. A bit rougher than last year, but still a great ride.

Next was another back seat ride on Superman. Wait was about 4 blue trains. Had a slight delay due to puke the ride before me.

Next were 2 more rides on Spider. That thing was insane. I also watched the parade from it while it was unloading.

Next was a waste of 45 minutes in line for Splashwater Falls just to have it go down for a while. Got out of line and then it starts back up as soon as I walk out, but I said screw it anyway.

3 more rides on Batman followed, front, row 6, and back. The row 6 ride was the best one of the day. Walk-on all 3 times.

It was 5:15, so I ended the day with 3 more Superman rides. The first time, I walked right onto a waiting second row. The second time, it took 20 minutes due to some delays. A train about 2 rides before me got stuck on the lift. Maintenance came within 3 minutes, pushed a few buttons, and all was normal for my row 1-2 ride. Then, when my train hit the brakes, someone in the station puked so we waited while they cleaned that. I also got on the last ride of the day in front. No better way to end the day than to fly over the empty park one last time.

My impression right now is that we're in for a good year. I'll be back Friday.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic