TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Island of Dreams [RCT3]

Hey guys, i have started work on a new park. Im gonna try to split time between this park and Maximum Thrillpoint, but im not sure if i should just leave this park as a rollercoaster or actually make it into a park. Any suggestions? Well so far in the park, i have built a coaster which is called Dream Catcher, and a food court. I willl be adding some more stuff and will fix up the park with scenery and supports for DC. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make the park look better or more realistic, please tell me. Hope you guys like the park so far.

The midway with the Cobra Roll of DC going over it.

The Cobra Roll and Immelman of DC going over the midway and the hill going over the entrance to the food court.

The entrance to the food court

The outside eating areas of the foodcourt.

The que and station of DC.

A better view of the station.

The lifthill and pre-drop inversion

The second half of DC.

The whole layout of DC.

An overview of the park so far.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, i have finally finished supporting DC and adding scenery and cool effects. I have also added a flat ride to the park. I tried to make the food court with a little more detail and i have added some little ponds and a big one. Can someone help me re-name Dream Catcher to something that fits more with the colors? I can't reall think of anything other than Superman, lol but that won't work. The name of the flat ride is Nightmare of Death. I plan to upload a POV of DC soon, most likely tomorrow, and the next coaster for the park should be built soon. Stay tuned of more.

The midway (notice anything different from the other pic like this?)

The cobra roll and hill with custom supports

More of the coaster with custom supports

I have changed the part before the main drop and added a small dip after a heartline roll.

The inclined loop and lift.

The fixed up food court.

Idk... Just thought this pic looked cool.

The big pond behind the food court.

The cool mist effect i added to the "under the station" part of the ride.

The que of DC and the train about to go under that station.

Thats all the pics for now, more to come this weekend

*Update* Pieces of track have arrived at the park!! Looks like the train will be under the tracks on this coaster. Can anyone guess what kind of coaster it is? First one to guess gets pics of the full ride built. Here are some pics of what has arrived so far.

The station was the first to arrive.

The helix and a heartline rolls including some of the half loops

Maybe i can get some comments on how to improve the park or if there are any better color combo's for this coaster?

*Update* Pieces of track have arrived at the park!! Looks like the train will be under the tracks on this coaster. Can anyone guess what kind of coaster it is? First one to guess gets pics of the full ride built. Here are some pics of what has arrived so far.

The station was the first to arrive.

The helix and a heartline rolls including some of the half loops

Maybe i can get some comments on how to improve the park or if there are any better color combo's for this coaster?

That's a flying coaster!

Nice coaster, the first one you posted

Nice park and great station, but if it's actually an island suround it with water and add a harbor, etc. I also think you should make it more dream-ish instead of like an arabian marketplace. Nice coaster though.

Can't wait to se your next land. I also think you should add castles and stuff, like Disneyland.

Timpowes got it right, its a flying coaster. Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll try to make it more like an island, but i have to try to experiment with the water first since im not soo good with it. Timpowes, i will be sending you pics of the coaster all put together as soon as i get home.

Sorry to double post but...

The video for Dream Catcher is finally here! Hope you guys enjoy it. And thanks for the comments guys, they are greatly appreciated.

Rapidshare:http://rapidshare.de/files/16516408/Dream_Catcher.wmv.html

Mega Upload:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DPJT5VS1[/url]

That's a pretty neat coaster, but it starts to get a little unrealistic after the brake run. It's okay, but could you please take out the double heartline roll?

I would recomend changing the colors too. Right now it looks like a Superman coaster.

The video was kind of bland too. For your next video try using the Flying Camera Route Editor, or at least have off-ride shots. I can make videos for you if you want.

*Update* The flying coaster is finally here!!!!! After a couple days of fixing it up and terrain forming and adding scenery it is finally done. I am very pleased with this coaster. I know it seems a little unrealistic, but i don't think it is. It's just original! lol. I have also made the pond behind the food court bigger and added a workin waterfall as you will see in one of the pics (not gonna say which one). Now onto the pics, and a vid should be coming soon. P.S. Smallish, can you make a video for me of the flying coaster? If so, tell me and I will send you the park when i am done fixing it up a bit more, which should be tomorrow afternoon. Thanks.

The lifthill with the custom supports.

The unique drop.

The zero-g roll after the drop.

The overbanked turn after the zero-g roll.

The inside of the house which contains a part of the pretzel loop.

The unique cobra roll after the pretzel loop.

The part of track right after the cobra roll that goes under the que.

The helix before the brake run.

An overview of the coaster.

An overview of the park so far.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions for stuff. Everything is greatly appreciated, and I couldn't have done half this stuff without you guys.

Its ok, i'll do this one myself and maybe next time you can do it, because i really wanna see how you do it. All i know how to do is POV's but for the flyer im gonna try to mix it up with POV's and offride shots. Should be cool. P.S. how do i get to the flying camera route editor?

Thank you soo much for that tutorial smallish!!! that helped me soo much, and now my videos will hopefully be better... Now for an update... I have added a small sort of kiddy section to the park. It includes a Spiral coaster and a Disk-O flat. Thats all for now, but i should have more including a POV and offride shots of both the flyer and spiral coasters.

Heres the new building leading to the new section. Notice the building has an info stall and some other shops.

The new Disk-O flat ride.

The station and lift of the spiral coaster.

Heres some of the layout of the spiral coaster.

The second half of the spiral coaster.

Heres and overview of the new area.

To make a POV just ride the rollercoaster, and click the record button for RCT3. It should tell you what the button is in the options, but i forgot what it was since i changed mine. To add music, i just use Windows Movie Maker.

Now, I have finally made a video of the flying coaster. I also came up with a name for it, but you will have to watch the video to find out. This video took me awhile since its something new to me, and i tried mixing it up a bit. I couldnt really find music that went really good with it, but i think this is the best i could have done right now. If anybody knows where i can get sounds like "Whoosh!" or the sound of the chain on a lift hill and stuff like that, please tell me so i can try to put it in my next video. Now onto the vid. Hope you guys like it! Please comment on how I can improve my videos and park if you can.

Rapidshare-Coming Soon

You Tube-http://youtube.com/watch?v=WaU8Pb2gAD4

Mega Upload-Coming Soon

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates, but i havent really been in the mood to play rct3 lately. But now i am back in the mood and have decided to post a teaser of the new coaster being built at Island of Dreams. The coaster should be completed soon, but just know that this thing is MASSIVE and is going to take awhile to support. Just to give you and idea on how massive it is, it requires 2 lift hills. Hope you guys like it.