TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyworld trip planning!

GoliathGuy

Hey guys! After becoming more and more frustrated with planning a WDW trip, I decided to give in to superiority and ask the pro's for some help: HELP!

Basically, I'm wondering which resorts I should be considerring. I don't have too large of a price range (I'm aiming for a room between $100 and $150 per night in the resort, staying away from the All Star resorts) that has a good location (relative to all of the parks... meaning, discouraging the Downtown Disney hotels as they seem pretty far). The resorts that caught my eye were the Coronado Springs and Port Orleans (French version).

What do you suggest? Unfortunately, the best time I could find to get away is the week of June 12 (6/12-6/17 were the dates I'm considerring), so hopefully the summer crowds won't be at their peak just yet.

Any suggestions are welcome... and if paying the extra $100 per night for a resort upgrade is worth sacrificing a day at the resort (bumping my nights down to 3), tell me! Thanks in advance.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any type of discounts? Florida Resident and Annual Passholders can sometimes get Wilderness or Animal Kingdom Lodge for $124 a night. Check into that...

Between Port Orleans and Coronado I would choose Coronado because it seems to have less families and has a nice pool area. If you're into the louder, more disney, family area choose Port Orleans.

Elissa "Coronado was one of our wedding hotel choices for our guests!" Alvey

Good call in staying closer to the action. Lake Buena Vista is not much different than staying outside of the area entirely (sans cool disney buses).

Try looking at the boards on http://www.intercot.com. Lots of Disney veterans there, and most of them always stay on site. They also post a lot of the promo codes and special deals.

// sorry to plug away at another site, but I always like to check around

Thanks for the help, guys

Are there any more desirable on-site, relatively cheap hotels that I should be considerring? I wouldn't mind staying in the Downtown Disney district if it'll afford me a nice resort to rest in, but again, since my trip is short, I'm kind of concerned with overall transportation distances...