TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

First time in Spain, Help!!

We are planning a trip to Spain in the coming summer. We will be visiting the Parque Warner in Madrid, as that's the demand of my kids. As a football fan, I am hoping to visit Nou Camp. My rough itinerary includes the Royal Palace Madrid, the Prado National Museum, the National Archaeological Museum, and some places and parks in Barcelona. Any input or suggestion is appreciated.  TIA!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, BlazeBurst said:

Parque Warner will be a blast for the kids, and Nou Camp is a must for any football fan. For the Royal Palace in Madrid, try to book tickets online in advance to skip the long lines. At the Prado Museum, don't miss out on famous works by artists like Velázquez and Goya. In Barcelona, besides the iconic sites, consider visiting Park Güell for some breathtaking views of the city. Have you thought about any specific activities or places to eat while you're in Madrid and Barcelona?

I will be sure not to miss anything there. Park Güell seems really interesting. I haven't decided on the activities or places to eat. We are currently at an early stage of planning. Do you have any recommendations? 

I will definitely add it to my list. I have not heard of the Gràcia area, but it sounds like a nice place to explore and enjoy some local cuisine. I appreciate your suggestions for the coffee places; they seem cosy and inviting. I am planning to visit the Sagrada Familia, the Casa Batll, the Gothic Quarter, and the Montjuïc Castle and some of the beaches, parks in the city. I am not that familiar with the places or the language. I am trying to learn some basic Spanish phrases. Do you think it's a good idea to get a local guide?

9 hours ago, BlazeBurst said:

Gràcia is a nice area in Barcelona, famous for its artistic feel and relaxed air. It's a good thought to go look around there. The coffee places I talked about are excellent, great for relaxing and experiencing the local atmosphere.

Your travel plan for Barcelona seems very impressive. It is essential to visit Sagrada Familia and Casa Batlló, and you should definitely not skip a walk through the Gothic Quarter; it's quite enchanting. Montjuïc Castle offers stunning views, and the beaches and parks are perfect for unwinding.

Learning a few simple phrases in Spanish is certainly a wise decision, as it will improve your experience and help in making communication easier. Having a local guide can be extremely beneficial too, particularly if you are looking for expert advice and understanding of the culture and history. Additionally, they can assist with overcoming language challenges and guide you to discover special places that you could overlook on your own. So I recommend trying it if you want a deeper and more engaging experience.

I was looking online for a tour guide and came across this: https://gowithguide.com/spain and a social media group full of agents: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SpainTravel. What do you think will be a good idea to go for a guide from a travel website or a Facebook group?