TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Help for a small US south trip in Septemer

AxelNiesen

I know it's very short for big plans and the parks (why???) are closed during the week. 

Time: I can take vacation from mid September. Thinking 2 weeks.

Thinking about carowinds, dollywood, holiday world, silver Dollar City

Good?

how many days per Park are the best? 

What do you think?

I did the TPR East Coast tour 2015 😎...  so I want new...

Or is west coast better for this short planing time?

Please help!

PS: if someone lives near smokeys , please contact me for hints during Park free time in the week :-)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah due to school, most of the US parks go to weekends and holidays after Labor Day (first weekend in September).  Some parks like Dollywood and Silver Dollar City will operate a few midweek days, and because of Halloween Events you'll find some other parks open Thursday or Friday nights as well. 

If you're just doing coasters, all the parks you mentioned will be one day parks.  If you're wanting to do re-rides and other rides then you may want two days at Dollywood and Silver Dollar City.  Carowinds and Holiday World are one day parks.  I would also budget for the skip the line programs at all the parks you visit.  Operations at all parks worldwide never seemed to fully come back after the pandemic and it will greatly help your day if you can wait less in line!