TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NY trip planning

fliruica

Hi,

I'm from Spain and I'm travelling to New York on the final week of May. I wanted to ask you about the existing theme parks in New York and where could I go looking for some thrill rides, preferably "special" roller coasters (meaning "different from the ones we have in Spain"). Consider that I won't have much time and that I will have to move by public transport.

I would love to hear your opinion...

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

Unfortunately the public transportation system OUTSIDE of New York City is very difficult for getting to parks with any ease or efficiency. You're going to want to go to Six Flags Great Adventure, and if you do a search on our site for Six Flags Great Adventure Public Transportation you'll see a few threads as this comes up at least twice a year. It is MUCH better to rent a car if you can, but if you have to go by bus it is possible.

• 3 months later...

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Finally I went to Six Flags Great Adventure with NJTransit. It was very good although Kingda Ka was still closed due to the construction of Zumanjaro.

NJTransit transportation was very well organized and I think it is a very good option for this visit.