TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wooden Shuttle Coaster!

Looks like GCI is working on this:

Wooden Shuttle Coaster

Great Coasters International Introduces the Wooden Shuttle Roller Coaster

This week at IAAPA (an amusement industry trade show) Great Coasters International unveiled a surprising new model. Back Track is a wooden shuttle roller coaster meant to be a family attraction. It has a footprint a bit smaller than a football field. Here’s more from GCI:

It’s 35 feet tall. It’s got 10 cars and it goes backwards and forwards just like a normal little shuttle coaster. It’s tamed down just a little bit for smaller children.

- Chris Gray of Great Coasters International (Theme Park Review Interview)

While I wouldn’t call the concept revolutionary I do think that it’s pretty unexpected. I figured we’d see a launched woodie first, but that might be because I’ve never even considered the concept of a shuttle woodie. I’m really loving all of the innovation that’s going on in the industry; especially the things that we’re seeing with wooden roller coasters. In the TPR interview, GCI even shares that the Millennium Flyers, GCI’s trains, are capable of performing a heartline roll!

You can watch the interview here. The GCI part is the first 13 minutes or so. While Back Track is only covered for a bit, it’s worth a watch for the other reasons as well. There’s mention of a top secret meeting room right there on the floor of IAAPA, and Gray shares the most interesting things they’ve unearthed during construction.

I don't know why i can't put up the youtube video so go here to see it:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All you're doing is quoting another site, who's quoting Theme Park Review's 2012 IAAPA coverage, and adding a video link; therefore, I've locked this topic. However, if a park decides to build one of these, this topic may become relevant again.