TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark and Dorney park - How to ?

Skyscraper

Hi !

I need help to plan my upcoming trip. My dates are from October 19th to 20th.

Basically, I want to attend both Dorney Park and Hersheypark and I want to maximize my time !

Should I go to Hersheypark on friday night (open from 5pm to 10pm that night)... I heard it's not really crowded on fridays but I would like to ride all the rollercoasters at least once... is it too optimistic for a friday night or should I go on saturday instead ?, but Hersheypark only opens at 2pm on saturday...

Dorney on friday is open from 6pm to midnight... I don't really care about the mazes, just the rides

Which park will be the most crowded on saturday ?

By the way, any other advice is welcome... it will be my first time at Dorney in 6 years, I don't remember much...

I don't think I'll buy any of the "fastpass" system when I'll go to either park, I'm a student and I don't want to spend that kind of money...

Thanks you for your help !!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Lines at Hershey aren't as bad as what they can be at Cedar Point. If you bring your iPod or something to do while your waiting, it won't be that bad. I feel that if I immerse myself in my favorite songs, it makes an hour feel like 15 minutes. Just make sure that once you reach the gates, put it away so the ride ops don't give you any issues.

Dorney (and Kings Dominion) usually has extordinarly short lines and on busy days the most you're waiting is about 20 minutes. If you can, go to both!

We went to Hershey on a Friday Night in 2005 when they were open for a Hurricane Katrina event. It was absolutely DEAD and we had absolutely no problem riding everything in the park we wanted to, multiple times.

This was a non-planned day though and wasn't announced until 2-3 days before so I'm sure that was a factor.