TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Crystal Arcade 1970 - 31st September (Last Day)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some amazing news for Crystal Arcade fans, basically I had sent the file to one of my friends to have a look at the park before my computer got a virus, and anyway he told me yesterday he still had it on his computer. This means Crystal Arcade will be able to continue from 1966!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1st March 1966

Hello everyone, after waiting for what seems like a century Crystal Arcade is opening for it 7th season!

It was a beautiful day today.

Ahh it great to be able to return, no new rides though .

Merry-Go-Round was operating for over 15 years under its previous ownership, now its 21 years old!

Lift hill enthusiasts, this is for you.

Mister Twister is huge!

Wonder if he will have any luck, go on son! Crystal Arcade has always been a popular place for adolescent teenage boys.

Bumper Cars requires sheer determination!

Always a good ride.

Hmmm... a lot of space next to the car park.

Signing off, James.

I am so happy that we get to see the classic Crystal Arcade again! I am wondering what is going on over there. Maybe we will see the first steel coaster at Crystal Arcade, but I can't wait.

EDIT: Forgot about Coaster. Maybe we will see a newer, larger steel coaster.

Edited by molemaster43

12th April 1966

I think most of you will be able to guess were I went today, I got a new camera so I thought the best place to try it out would be at Crystal Arcade.

No sign of construction.

I wonder if the entrance will ever get a makeover, it looks a bit dated, then again its also iconic to Crystal Arcade.

There was great weather in the morning.

The areas were coaster used to sit has been cleared of all its trees and the fence has been replaced?

I love the way Mine Ride sits on its hill.

This is still the only toilet at Crystal Arcade.

Mister Twister's twisty twists.

I am really running out of captions.

The park got busy in the afternoon, families always come with their kids after school.

Flying Turns taking one of its turns.

That foundation has been here for a few years now, i hope that means there planning something for it!

The weather got all crappy.

Didn’t stop the crowds though.

I’ll leave you with this.

Thanks for reading, James

1st August 1966

Hello and welcome all to my news letter, we are vast approaching the end of our summer season at Crystal Arcade, we decided we wanted to do something special this year so we have introduced a firework show over the back of the lake! In other news next year we shall be installing a new ride for our 1967 season.

Can i also remind you if you haven’t already to fill out our survey here it really helps! I hope to see you all down at the park for the final day of the season for a massive firework spectacular!

Cheers, Bob Crystal

P.S Well done England on winning the world cup!

1st March 1967

Hello everyone, Today marks yet another season for Crystal Arcade, I was very disappointed that I couldn’t get down to Crystal Arcade at the end of last season to watch the firework show but because Crystal Arcade decided to put a £2 entrance fee to get in I was better off watching my local free firework show. However I did hear it was pretty good. Anyway this year would see the opening of Thunder Bobs; they look like a lot of fun!

Thunder Bobs replaced Coaster, I think I still prefer Coaster. It was still really fun, especially with friends and family.

This little seating area has been added behind Food Barn

You can get some great views of Mister Twister form there.

I got myself a few rides on Thunder Bobs today, not a great idea in hindsight.

Guest wait nervously as they are about to board Mister Twister.

Music Cafe is always packed with people eating lunch.

Queues for food are always long.

The views are worth it though.

I’ll leave you with a shot of a broken Mine Ride, sort it out Crystal Arcade you can’t have a major ride closed on opening day!

Signing off, James

4th April 1967

Had a day off of work today, i got a new job by the way i am now working for the DailyPoint which is great. I have said befor but its always been my dream to be a reporter. i have put foward an idea to add a new collum for Crystal Arcade as it as our towns biggest tourist attraction. this would allow for more time to talk to Bob Crystal and i would also be able to give better updates. anyway here are some picture from my day.

The crowds are still massive at Crystal Arcade; I hope it continues this way.

Whats that around the corner?

I had not heard anything about a new ride, according to the man outside this is some sort of prototype, it hasn’t open yet.

Looks like a kids ride to me, looks fun though.

They have got rid of all the seats behind Food Barn and replaced them with a tree.

I took a ride on the Bumper Cars before i left, not been on them in a while.

Signing off, James

DailyPoint 4th May 1967

Bob Crystal Selling Up!

Local business man Bob Crystal has told us that he has decided to sell Crystal Arcade. "This decision was not one that I wanted to make but as I get older having to run an amusement park becomes too much stress, I feel now would be the best time to let the park continue in new hands. I would still like to be involved in the park but not as much as I currently am." This was the statement Bob gave to our reporters.

Bob Crystal opened up Crystal Arcade in 1960, and we have seen a small amusement park turn into a large tourist attraction for Point Lake Mount. We have had a few rumors regarding who the new potential buyers could be, we are almost certain Bob won’t let it fall into the wrong hands.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In all seriousness I am considering stopping Crystal Arcade, I personally feel the park is now bordering on bad quality and have no motivation to continue the park, I feel as if I could start a new park and it would look 100 times better. I haven’t fully decided yet what will happen. I am currently in the process of building a new coaster for the park and we will see how that goes, if I think it looks good I will continue with the park.

Cheers, Jake.

• 1 month later...

Hello my name is Stewart; I’m 16 years old and a massive theme park fan!

In 1960 my favorite theme park was opened by a man called Bob crystal, I was only 6 years old at this time but I still remember spending time after school there with my family. This theme park was Crystal Arcade, unfortunately in 1967 Bob crystal told us he was selling the park and after that season we never saw the park re-open.

It’s now been 3 years since we have heard anything from Bob or anyone else associated with the park, trucks have been going in and out of the place but i assumed that was just to remove rides. Yet the other day my friend noticed this whilst driving past the park.

I’m expecting some kind of press release soon, as soon as we get one ill notify you guys!

Cheers, Stew

Luke Small, the chief executive officer of SUPER FUN TIME, made the announcement today that SUPER FUN TIME otherwise known as SFT had purchased Crystal Arcade, prior to a news conference at the park, which SFT purchased in 1968 from Bob Crystal.

When the news conference got under way, Small said an early 1970 opening is planned for Crystal Arcade.

SFT is keeping the name Crystal Arcade in honor of what Bob has done to this small town, Small said. He said the company has made major changes to the park and SFT are investing lots of money to improve the experience.

"The Arcade is safe in safe hands," Small said

SFT officials and guests invited to the new conference were greeted by some signs and banners in the car park showing off what was in store for the park when it re-opens.

SFT is one of the biggest attraction companies in the world; The Company owns 6 amusement parks worldwide.

“We are extremely happy that the future of Crystal Arcade is secure. SFT is one of the most exciting names in attractions worldwide and a welcome new addition to our town,” Mayor Lewis said.

Full ride details are expected to be released soon.