TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiwood Nights vs. CoasterMania

Just like the title says, I'm debating which event to go to. I was invited to HolliWood Nights last year and had a blast. Got to hang with various clubs, great HW experience, and dark rides on Voyage are genuinely SCARY. On the other hand, Coaster Mania will essentailly be free (Platinum Pass+Club TPR), and is held the same weekend as an anime convention in Sandusky (double headed awesome event much?) Between hotel/con cost of Sandusky and HWN/gas fees, both are about the same financially. So what should I do? Insanely awesome days at Holiday World, or a coaster/anime weekend at my home-away-from-home park?

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't always land on the same weekend, but it certainly has worked out that way the past couple of years.

I would say it really depends on which park and which rides you like more. And if they are kind of "equals" in your mind than trade off each year. So if you did HWN last year, maybe do CM this year?

That would be my take on it....

Its hard to say. Closest I've done for CP is Halloween Haunt, so if dark rides are anything like they are then, its just a LONG day at Cedar Point. For Holiday World, looks pretty much the same as last year, but thats not a bad thing. Like I said before, Voyage at night is probabbly why I rank that ride so high. They're both pretty equidistant/equal cost (if I add in the convention to CoasterMania), but I can't decide. As a platinum pass holder who frequents CP, is Coastermania worth it? Or should I go for another amazing trip to HWN?

And if they are kind of "equals" in your mind than trade off each year. So if you did HWN last year, maybe do CM this year?

That would be my take on it....

This is exactly what I'm doing. I did HWN last year so this year I'm doing Coastermania. Next year I'll go back to HWN and hopefully get to try out the timberliners they teased us with last year.