TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point 20011 trip - prodding

vferrante

You guys are having way too much fun on these trips for me to stay away. I am a total coaster freak. I grew up 10 minutes from Great Adventure in NJ and now live in Pittsburgh real close to Kennywood. The Sky Rocket sucks BTW. Anyway, I just joined and want to do the Cedar Point 2011 trip to see how it goes for me. I need some convincing. How are the accommodations? Travel via road can be fun, but is the group cramped? After the day at the park is done (I hope we close the park BTW), what is the night life like since we all don't have a car? Thanks for helping me make the decision. I just joined today. I was gonna join ACE, but was at Kennywood the day those guys where there. Needless to say, we got in the car and went the hell home that day because the park was filled with creeps. I am not being critical, but it was strange to say the least. Take care. Have a great day...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the rooms at the hotels setup? Does everyone get their own rooms? Thanks.

It says on the trip flyer that rooms are double occupancy - if you aren't going with a friend, they'll pick a roommate for you. If you want a room by yourself, you pay a bit more.

A lot of what happens at the US hotels is dependent on if the hotel has a bar.

If it has a bar, many that are over 21 will gather and hang out, some people drink and some don't. Otherwise people will congregate in the lobby. Some people will venture out to a 7-11, if in walking distance for some beverage, it all just depends on the hotel and location.

As was just stated, the price includes two people to a room in separate beds, unless a couple requests different arrangements. Single rooms will cost more.

As far as being cramped, everyone has their own seat on the bus, but the bus will be full. Someone will be sitting next to you, but not on your lap (unless you work out a different arrangement).

Sometimes it gets cramped in the elevators at the hotels when a selfish person tries to cram in instead of waiting for the next one. And the hotel bar will get cramped if it is very small.

Edited by larrygator