TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point Trip help

A friend and I are thinking about making a trip to Cedar Point during the last week in August. We Plan on leaving Sunday morning, making the 10 hour drive from CT, and going to the park Sunday night, Monday, Tuesday, and then leaving on Wednesday. I have a few questions.

1. Is it worth the drive?

2. Is the breakers express a good deal at 450 for 3 nights and tickets to the park? Or would you recommend staying somewhere else?

3. How will crowds be that week?

4. I am only 19, is there any chance I will trouble getting the hotel room?

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1. If you've never been to the park, definitely. Cedar Point has a number of great roller coasters and a bunch of decent non-coaster rides.

2. I'm not sure because I stayed at Castaway Bay and only for two nights, but I'm guessing that's probably a good deal.

3. I went this time of year and with the exception of Top Thrill Dragster all lines were a half-hour or less, although I only waited in line for Maverick and Millennium Force during early entry. Top Thrill Dragster was a two hour wait, but that was likely due to four rollbacks and a closure to add a fifth train. I was able to get on all the roller coasters (other than the two kiddie ones) and about five or six non-coaster rides in the one day I had at the park, so with more than two days you will definitely be able to do everything as well as get plenty of re-rides.

4. I believe you only have to be 18 to rent a hotel room so it is unlikely you'll have any problems.

2. Is the breakers express a good deal at 450 for 3 nights and tickets to the park? Or would you recommend staying somewhere else?

Well the resort hotels get you early entry, which can come in handy. And in my experience BE isn't that much more then other decent hotels in the area.

But if you are more concerned about price then quality, you could probably find a cheaper hotel in the area. Sandusky is filled with hotels. But beware booking the cheapest room you can find, as you get what you pay for.

I would call to make sure about the hotel. We stayed at the Super 8 Motel down the road and were fine, but hotels in Kentucky and Indiana required someone to be 21in the room (I was a month away, but luckily we had one person who was). As long as you call and ask them specifically you can be sure not to find yourself without a room.

I just buy the platinum pass and stay at a cheap motel down the road and this way i still get early entry and then i use the pass at other CF parks. Dorney is only 3 hrs from me and i also live in CT. If you go I-80 you can hit knoebels on the way and it breaks up the drive.