TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Cedar Point 6/28/2010

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode it 3 times last night.

Not impressed. It was a boring ride. We were forced to ride in the front seat all 3 times, and we were soaked. I could have done the same thing on snake or thunder canyon. Not sure why they call it "shoot the rapids", as there are no rapids either.

Another thing that buged us, was the water jets at the bottom of the 2'nd drop. Are they really needed? They blast you in the face.

I was bummed as well, because I really wanted to like this ride, but it just did not deliver.

The weather was in the 90's during the day, and in the mid 80's at night. The ride was either broke down, or a walk on all day. That is not good for a new ride on the 4th of july with very heavy crowds in the park. I did hear a lot of people saying that they did not feel like getting soaked.

The back row is still closed off, and they are balancing out the boats. We got yelled at(very rude employee btw) because we tried to switch rows with someone else on the platform. We sat in the front row the first 2 rides, and wanted to try another row. Thats when we were yelled at .

I guess if I had to say something good about this ride, it would be the theming. It's not the greatest theming in the world, but for cedar point it was great. The ride also looks great in it's location.

Not sure why they call it "shoot the rapids", as there are no rapids either.

They called it that for nostalgic reasons. Shoot the Rapids #1 was CP's second flume, originally where Maverick is (torn down to build White Water Landing).

Another thing that buged us, was the water jets at the bottom of the 2'nd drop. Are they really needed? They blast you in the face.

That's CP's definition of rapids (I personally kind of like it).

The ride was either broke down, or a walk on all day. That is not good for a new ride on the 4th of july with very heavy crowds in the park.

You can't judge the popularity of a ride by the line. The most popular ride at CP is not Millennium Force, Magnum, Top Thrill Dragster or Maverick. It's the CP & LE Railroad, the ride with probably the shortest line in the park.

The back row is still closed off, and they are balancing out the boats. We got yelled at(very rude employee btw) because we tried to switch rows with someone else on the platform. We sat in the front row the first 2 rides, and wanted to try another row. Thats when we were yelled at .

My guess is they will keep the back closed off for the rest of the season and fix it over the winter. This was most likely done to get the ride open asap.

If you want to stop sitting in the front, all you have to do is make sure you have two people in front of you who weigh more than you do .

You can't judge the popularity of a ride by the line. The most popular ride at CP is not Millennium Force, Magnum, Top Thrill Dragster or Maverick. It's the CP & LE Railroad, the ride with probably the shortest line in the park.

If you want to stop sitting in the front, all you have to do is make sure you have two people in front of you who weigh more than you do .

Really?

When was the last time that you have seen no wait for a parks new attraction on the busiest day of the year, or any other day for that matter? Not to mention that it was the hottest day of the year, and the new water ride was still a walk on.

It is kinda hard to get 2 people in front of us, if there is no other people in line.

I feel bad for the park that this is happening as they really did put some thought into the ride like the theming.The park has been open for over 2 months, and the new ride is either broke or a walk on.

^^Pilgrims Plunge was the same way its opening year. Water rides just aren't as popular as they used to be. On June 25, the day before STR opening, it was 90 degrees and very humid. Snake River Falls was down leaving Thunder Canyon the only water ride running. It still didn't have a line.

As for the seat assigning by weight, hopefully that will be fixed by next year. That's going to get really annoying soon.

^I think he means water rides in dry parks, not waterparks.

I still haven't been on the ride, but right now StR seems to coming out as a huge failure. Kinda a shame, because they really did try to make this the ultimate water ride, going all out on the theming and splash elements.

Water rides just aren't as popular as they used to be.

Tell that to all the people standing in two hour lines down at Holiday World for Wildebeest.

Water rides, not water slides (I would much rather CP put something like Wildebeest in at Soak City).

It seems I'm the only one who actually likes STR . Hopefully that will change (eventually).

First off I just want to say I have never been on this ride but I just watched a video of it on YouTube. The reason is because I live no where near CP, anyway I kinda think it's a little boring I thought it was supposed to have animatronics or something, maybe more of an action element besides the drops... I also think that the fact that it opened so far behind schedule also kinda hurt its publicity as well.