TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Need Experienced Structural Engineer for School Project!

Ok, so I'm in an Engineering Academy at my high school and we have a project for my POE (Principles of Engineering) class for Friday in which we have to do a powerpoint on an Engineering field of your choice that you will research. Part of it is to compile an interview from a professional who specializes in that field, and Imagineering is too much of a long shot for me, so if you can take the time to answer these questions if you specialize in Structural Engineering, I will greatly appreciate it (Structural Engineering I believe is key to roller coaster designing, and is something I have a large interest in, as well as partial Mechanical Engineering, which is why I thought this fits in this thread, but let me know if it's in the wrong place).

[Your Name][Age*][Job*]

1) Describe the duties and responsibilities you encounter in this field. What are some of the specific jobs in this field?

2) What is your specialty in this field?

3) What are some of the projects you've worked on? Were any of them pertaining to Roller Coasters or the Amusement Industry?

4) How much of your time is usually spent on the computer?

5) Does your occupation mainly deal with people, data, or things?

6) Are there any specific tools or equipment required for you to use?

7) What are the advantages/disadvantages?

8) Do most people in this field work for themselves, private industry, or government?

9) What is the beginning, average, and top pay one could expect to earn in this career?

10) How many hours do you usually work?

11) Is it sometimes required for you to travel?

12) Were there any tests or licenses you had to acquire, prior to becoming an engineer?

13) What degree(s) did you receive in college?

And finally,

14) Do you have any employment opportunities for someone in our age range (15-18)?

Once again, I greatly appreciate if you answer these questions within the next few days.

*Optional. You don't have to answer this, but it would help.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic