TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Scandinavian Trip

brissler.

Okay so I was discussing with my parents a new vacation to go on, Scandinavia. I was thinking just Copenhagen, Gothenburg, and Oslo. With those would also come along with some park visits (I hope). Obviously we would do Tivoli Gardens without a doubt, with that being on my top five list for Copenhagen. Gothenburg is the second largest city in Sweden and in the line of the three hopeful destinations... but also carries one of the best amusement parks in the world, Liseberg. Then, just 12 miles south of Oslo lies TusenFryd. I checked the websites for park seasons and prices, then converted them from home countries currency to the U.S. Dollar. I must say I was fairly surprised at what I found. Park seaons' are fairly longer than here in America and of course the exchange rate for them. I mean Tivoli Gardens is free admission with a price for rides, Liseberg is $13 U.S. Dollars for admission and free rides including the Gasten Ghost Hotel. TusenFryd is a little pricy, but worth the Norwegian experience. My parents agree that these are among the best priced parks we've seen... so why not make the best of it?! Does anyone thing I'm choosing the wrong parks? Is the parks I have chosen the best among the country? Also, do most of the workers speak English?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^I don't know where you're getting your numbers but an all day pass to Liseberg with the Ghost Hotel is around $45.

1-Day Ride Pass+

Free rides all day long plus one ticket to the Gasten Ghost Hotel. SEK 330

Most of the people in these three cities speak English.

I don't really understand your question. If you're going to those three cities, obviously those are the parks to go to. There's nothing else around Oslo, there's nothing else within 2 hours of Liseberg. And there are some other smaller parks near Copenhagen, but obviously Tivoli would be the one to do in that area.

You might want to consider replacing Oslo with Stockholm (which includes Grona Lund.)

But I guess it all depends on what your family prefers to do outside of amusement parks.

As Elissa said, most Scandinavians (probably near everyone in the hospitality field) in the major cities speak English. However, don't take it as a given if you are working around that some of the older people will be fluent. English classes in school have been mandatory in most of Scandi for about 30 years.