TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Grad Nite 2009

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you want to ride Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage go there first. If not I'd say first go to Tomorrowland. If the line for Space Mountain is more than 30 minutes, get a fastpass. Another thing I've noticed about Disneyland is that the lines are usually 5-10 minutes shorter than advertised. Anyway, after Space Mountain (or after getting your fastpass) go to Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear, since you're in the area. That's also the time to go to Autopia and Honey, I Shrunk the Audience if you want to. After that head to Adventureland. Hopefully Indiana Jones won't be too crowded, so ride that. If it is either get a fastpass, and if you already have one for Space Mountain just wait until later. Then go on Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room (if you want), Pirates of the Caribbean, and Haunted Mansion. After Haunted Mansion go to Splash Mountain, Winnie the Pooh (if you want), and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Then go to Fantasyland and ride the Matterhorn Bobsleds. If you got a fastpass for Space Mountain or Indiana Jones, you should be to use it now. After riding one of those go back to Fantasyland and go on all the dark rides. Oh, and another note about the Matterhorn- don't be afraid if the line is halfway around the mountain. The load speed is fast and I've never had to wait more than 25 minutes.

Have a great time!

-Evan

The last time I went to Disneyland was for my ex-girlfriend's grad night back in '95, so my advice might be outdated. However, I can tell you that when I went there, the park was horrifically mobbed. I mean, I have NEVER seen it that crowded before. So, keep in mind that average day wait time predictions might be thrown off due to schools from all over SoCal (we even had San Diego schools there) crowding the park. Crowds or no crowds, have fun!

-Doug

I went to Disneyland grad night back in May.

Things to Know:

Fastpasses aren't in use.

Toontown is closed.

You have to walk to the gate from the parking lot, trams aren't in use.

You aren't allowed into the park until 11:30 PM.

When I went, the only rides that had a major line were space mountain and indiana jones, 1 hour each. Everything else was about 15 min. Make sure you book it over to space mountain first. Here's the list of rides I went on: space mountain, pirates, splash mountain, thunder mountain, matterhorn, autopia, indiana jones, haunted mansion, Mr toads wild ride, teacups, and astro blasters.

Overall, I had an awesome time. I thought the park was going to be swamped, but it was the exact opposite. Have a good time!

hey guys, just woke up. Grad Nite was amazing last night! It was super packed. But i was amazed at how friendly and accommodating the staff was, and how awesome the atmosphere was. here is the order of rides i got on

Indiana Jones - 30 minute wait, but just because it broke down when i was in the front of the line. i think some jackass tried to get out in the middle of the ride, because they had to totally reset it. but it was worth the wait.

Pirates of the Caribbean - 30 minute wait.

Thunder Mountain - 20 minute wait.

Haunted Mansion - 15 minute wait.

Train - no wait, but still cool. rode from new Orleans square to main street.

then we watched the Grad Nite explosion fire works show.

Space Mountain - One hour and forty minute wait.

all in all it was a good night. a fun experience, and i was amazed at how many things we were able to get on.