TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Family FunPlex Contest! [RCT3]

A pavillion for concerts, b-day parties, concerts, etc. would be either a small building or a series of small awnings that would make a good little gathering place. But, like you said, it could be a plaza with a stage. I have an example in the last picture I posted.

Here are a few examples of "small theme parks" so that those needing help can have some.

1710183392_CelebrationCentre2.jpg.5703af39072352a1082f6ddb6de98848.jpg

Here's an example of a pavillion right behind this Sky Sling.

656923148_CelebrationCentre1.jpg.731f34036a8bbc6948a7b3d5f52f5dbe.jpg

The Celebration Centre is a great example of a large Family Fun Center. With many family rides and a few good thrill rides, this is the place where everybody can have fun!

1491764821_FunForest5.jpg.48b70edf92d61916f3422f4590536736.jpg

Every small park HAS to have some kind of "Wheee! Whee! Barf!" ride, and this is this park's example.

Meanwhile in Utah........

255936299_FunForest3.jpg.49892ce94c74384f3c66d0877167ae5a.jpg

Another family pirate ship....

627187665_FunForest4.jpg.4f6f70b8a927079979bdf5b57dbf8602.jpg

They even have a small coaster there. It's pretty fun, but it's no Millenium Force or anything.

1231562037_FunForest2.jpg.069473c3fff58b588e030255e2910969.jpg

They have several fair type rides within a small area in the middle of the city. Imagine a smaller Central Park with a large fair and the Space Needle within the area.

864838205_FunForest1.jpg.1cb9c3c6578d9b16bd91039847d3315e.jpg

A picture from "Fun Forest" here in Seattle. It's just a medium sized "permenent fair" sort of park.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, you guys are fast. I've been working on the entrance area for a week!

I need to stop doing detail work and get moving!

Would Junior rides be considered Gentle? I really have never been fond of the gentle ride selection in RCT3.

I have a question...

Am I allowed to use Soaked expansion components in the park such as water slides and Roller Soaker etc.

Yes, that's fine. Don't you have to have Soaked installed to use Wild?

With the pavilions, that would just be an area for a large group of people to sit, eat, and accommodate around 200 people.

These parks are looking great, guys! Im quite excited to see how this Intamin Woodie comes out (does it race/duel?). I really hope to see some more soon! I am going to post some pictures of my park hopefully by this weekend.

Good luck!

I like both of your pieces so far. So you put the woodies in the same places? Hmmm................

It just seemed like a natural place for it. You can see it from the parking lot, which means getting the incoming crowd excited!

I'm not sure where the second coaster is going to go yet. Probably in the back corner.

Speaking of which, how do I find out how long the coaster actually is?

^ It's the main street sets, without the main street look. I'm trying to go for a quaint little family park look with very minimal buildings. In fact, what you see there is pretty much going to be it, except bathrooms, and the odd little snack shop here and there.

I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate the corporate pavilion......the food court is done.......but the other part is perplexing me.

And he is ahead of me darn!~ I think I'm the slowest builder for now.

I made a ton of progress last night. I went from two rides placed to six!

The corporate "area" was roughed in as well. Not sure it's what Twister is looking for, but it will add a nice touch, and more ways to create revenue for the park.

Uhhhhh.... No one commented my teaser.

I have a feeling that mine and mcjaco's are going to be completely different when we are done

And he is ahead of me darn!~ I think I'm the slowest builder for now.

good thing its not about teasers, but about the finished park how long do we have left? 2 weeks right

This is just a reminder guys,

YOU MUST LIST YOUR CUSTOM SCENERY USED!

If not, you WILL be disqualified. The easiest way to do this is to keep a note card next to your computer and write down the pack name first thing when you are clicking to build.

Hope everything is going well! With spring break and now a huge paper to write that due next week I doubt I will finish my park, but I'll be doing my best. Good luck everyone!

^looking good for now, I hope you give it some details and make some walls around the pool (to cover up the ugly default wall)

Here's an overview shot of my park so far. I think this will be it, except for a building or 2/3. Maybe a small attraction, but this is it. As you can see the theme is Nature, lots of wood

My 3 coasters.. well at least the entrances

The first coaster you'll encounter is actually really close to the entrance. Its a wild mouse

If you walk a little further (towards the lake), you'll find this woody. (the no smoking sign will be gone and replaced with something else)

And the last one, a kiddie coaster. Located at the end of the Pavilion Area.

I pretty much spent tonight just staring at the screen. I kind of hit a wall, and then all of a sudden, BAM! I figured out what I needed to do. I'm still well behind, but I'm plugging away.

Here's one more pic of the entrance area and "picnic" eating area. Don't want to give too much away!

1054402085_Shot0000(Medium).jpg.d2d736f340752adf5397b7921be5e942.jpg

@Mcjaco: looks great! I always just start building when I hit a wall. Normally I come up with some ideas if I build some stuff that sucks

@Weetopia: looks good.. Gold Rush would be my favorite I think!

My park is brown.. I know, but I didn't want to use the Main Street set again.. since its probably themost used set EVER. So I went with the rocks/wood theme. I sticked with the same theme all over the park because I didn't want to have a 9-pages CS List