TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket (RCT3) -- School Project

Hi, guys!

For my Computer Applications project, I decided to make my own video about the new roller coaster that is gonna be opened in Universal Studios Florida in 2009. I put the video in YouTube. Here is the URL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzubtpnVndU

Please feel free to comment I need some comments from all of you ~ Theme Park Review-ers ~ because I need to know what do you think...

1) ... about the roller coaster model?

2) ... about the video itself?

For all of your attention, I say thank you very much!

I hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year!!

Warmest regards,

Adriel

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that if you have to boost the coaster to get over the hills, you may need to make the hills lower or redo certain parts to make it more realistic.

Also some parts seem a bit jerky coming out of the helixes including the launch; there should be a smooth transition coming out of the to reduce the headbanging that you would get.

Other that that, it looks like a good start.

Terry

EDIT: not sure how accurate this is but here is someone else's recreation. Notice how much smoother it is, and the lift is different as well. If RCT3 doesn't offer the type of lift, you may need to substitute it for a different coaster type or find the track modding tool and play around with that to see if you can put the coaster car on a track type that does a vertical lift.

• 2 weeks later...
^Have you ever played RCT3? The way coasters are built in the game means that coasters are naturally jerky. The coaster cannot be smoothed any further.

Yes I have, and that's why I said what I did.

And the main problem isn't the jerkiness, it's the fact that he has to use boosters to get over the hills, which was my first comment if you read my post. That means that the coaster isn't built correctly to let gravity carry it through the ride, and that's what needs to be fixed. The coaster he's trying to reproduce doesn't have them, so neither should his representation.

Terry