TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Orlando Concept Art

Just got back from a week-long, multi-destination vacation that included New Orleans, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Chincoteague, VA (along with layovers in Philadelphia and Charlotte, NC), and I have many, many park and non-park photos to share. However, needing to be back at work in seven hours, I'm too tired to resize and post them all tonight.

Now, with all that exposition out of the way, one of the places I visited on this extended trip was Mardi Gras World in New Orleans, home of Blaine Kern Studios. During the tour, we were encouraged to take as many photos as we wanted of the floats, figures, concept art and other pieces on display in the warehouse and working studio, and one series in particular caught my eye, stamped "Kern Studios for Universal Studios Florida."

They look like something that would have been for Islands of Adventure, but I could be wrong. Having not visited any Universal park in more than four years, I'm not sure if these concepts were ever used, are in production, were scrapped, etc., but I thought they were pretty interesting, and I'm hoping you will, too.

The shop designs all kinds of floats and props not only for Mardi Gras, but for Disney, Universal and other parks and parades throughout the United States and occasionally abroad. According to the museum program, the studio's founder was once personally offered a job by Walt Disney (he declined, not wanting to relocate from New Orleans).

Anyway, hope you enjoy this small offering. Several more (and much larger) TRs to follow in the coming days.

6.JPG.df61352da59f3f495d06f5564655bcc8.JPG

5.JPG.738d45f85a2764a1f3e181f0f95520a2.JPG

4.JPG.14f47b773b352c84b39e7364d56b9340.JPG

3.JPG.75545266bb03c54601150558f8b592f1.JPG

The rest were in color, but not titled.

2.JPG.9b6dcf44c062faf9a23e530f410647b7.JPG

El Dorado

1.thumb.JPG.d9bfbe487886914f9b9a22b9f571dee7.JPG

This is the board that caught my eye....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images