TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: SFNE Opening Day 4/12/08

Today was my first ever opening day. Left home around 8:40, hit the gas station, and sailed smoothly for a 9:50 arrival. As I headed west on the Pike, the temp rose to about 65, then fell to 55 as I hit Springfield which had the skyscrapers shrouded in fog. Couldn't even see down the river but by the time I got to SFNE the sun was out. Watched the opening celebration and then headed straight for Superman. Guess what... IT OPENED ON TIME!! I got the first public ride of 2008 in the back.

After getting the 3rd public ride in the 2nd row, I headed back up and spent the next 2.5 hours going south to north. Hit Scream, Thunderbolt, Batman twice, Coldstone for a shake, Cyclone twice, Catapult, Time Warp, Pandemonium, Flashback, Houdini, and Tomahawk all by about 12:30. All the waits were short to none in the morning. The temps warmed to almost 80 and it was sunny and humid. Too summer-like, I like my cool April days. I guess thats what an 80% chance of heavy rain and 55-60 degrees is supposed to mean.

Hit Superman twice more, back and 2nd row, which had a 15 minute wait around 1:00 and got caught up in one of many breakdowns today. Mind Eraser also had its fair share of problems. Caught a great ride on Twister which had 4 consecutive flips. Stopped in the Wii building and played a few strings of bowling. Also started getting a bad headache at that point.

Finished the day off with Splashwater Falls, Mind Eraser (that helped a lot with the headache), Crime Wave, and Batman before having a bite to eat at Johnny Rockets. The cheeseburger I had there was terrible... guess I'll stick to Fast Eddie's when I want a burger. Headed out at that point as I felt like crap and the Red Sox were on.

Opening Day notes:

- DC is blocked off between the Wiggles World stairs and Johnny Rockets for Dark Knight construction, so obviously Catwoman's Whip will be closed for a couple months.

- Houdini's line doesn't go into the building where the line maze used to be anymore, now you just go through a door that goes right into the initial hallway of the ride.

- They took the big TV out of Big Bens.

- Cyclone needs oil. Badly.

- Nightwing and Shipwreck Falls were closed.

- 2 trains on Batman and Mind Eraser, 1 on the rest.

- Double Trouble's spot is now occupied by a basketball game and the annoying hammer game that used to be where the new food stand is now.

- There's a new park exit to the right of the old one.

I don't remember much else, but it was a good day in the park until I started feeling like crap. Did anyone see me? I had an Ortiz jersey on. Anyway, it is quite weird thinking 6 days ago I was skiing in the same state in below freezing temperatures. 6 days later, I'm in an amusement park and its 80 degrees. April in New England.

Ride Count:

Superman - 4

Batman - 3

Cyclone - 2

Scream - 1

Thunderbolt - 1

Catapult - 1

Time Warp - 1

Pandemonium - 1

Flashback - 1

Houdini - 1

Tomahawk - 1