TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

RI. with pit stops SFGadv,Coney Island,Jersey Shore

So the GF and I are leaving Sunday for Rhode Island, my home state! Ten days of some business and fun. Since I have to go to RI for some fam business, I figured it would be a great time to hit up SFGadv, since we didn't go last year. And hit up the old skool woodie "Cyclone"....Man I can't wait!!!!!!Any tips would be great, and I will be taking some pictures so hopefully I'll have a nice TR when we get back......

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Represetnin' RI here, I'd be happy to give you some tips on both SFNE and GADV as well as other stuff. I don't know how long it's been since you've been back to RI, but the Providence Place Mall is rather new and definately worth a visit if you like an upscale shopping experience.

In regards to SFNE... Obviously go on a weekday if possible, I would reccomend NOT getting a q-bot here and rather saving you rmoney for one at GADV where it would be much more useful. I notice at SFNE that sometimes the q-bot line can be as long as regular lines due to way too many people renting them when they aren't even neccesary. SROS usually opens with one train and the second one comes online around noon or 1 pm so if you see a long queue time with one train running, hang tight until the second one is put on.

If it's a hot day, the lines for Blizzard River and Splashwater Falls can get pretty bad so be sure to get those done early if you want any chance of riding them.

As for GADV, I suggest getting a q-bot as it's always busy in the summer. Head to Kingda Ka and El Toro first, whichever opens first hit that and then go to the next coaster. While you're in this corner of the park, also hit Superman Ultimate Flight which gets insane lines as the day goes on. The other B&Ms have fast moving lines so you shouldn't have a problem there.

If you have any specific questions just ask and I'll be happy to help!

Cyclone: My coccyx (a$$) still hursts just thinking about it. It was like riding a $1.50 sled down a pile of garbage. I went on that god forsaken ride many years ago and thought it to be charming. However a few months ago, leaving GADV, coming home to MA I brought (dragged) my fiancée to Coney Island to experience the classic ride. We sat in the back seat. All I remember is screaming to her "DONT FIGHT IT...IT CANT BE ..." (the rest of the dialogue is garbled).

Honestly...aside from Ghost Rider at Knotts (which was a kiddy log ride in comparison) that was the WORST ride I've ever been on. I love Americana and old parks, but it was awful.

Not only was the ride bad but the 20 people working the platform was out of control. They had 5 people there to take your "loose articles" (and tips) to specials lockers. The whole operation was like something out of The Sopranos. If you wanted to re-ride for $4 they just grabbed your money and handed it to the bookie working the controls. The entire queue area was like a subway station platform, no lines, just complete chaos.

Represetnin' RI here, I'd be happy to give you some tips on both SFNE and GADV as well as other stuff. I don't know how long it's been since you've been back to RI, but the Providence Place Mall is rather new and definately worth a visit if you like an upscale shopping experience.

In regards to SFNE... Obviously go on a weekday if possible, I would reccomend NOT getting a q-bot here and rather saving you rmoney for one at GADV where it would be much more useful. I notice at SFNE that sometimes the q-bot line can be as long as regular lines due to way too many people renting them when they aren't even neccesary. SROS usually opens with one train and the second one comes online around noon or 1 pm so if you see a long queue time with one train running, hang tight until the second one is put on.

If it's a hot day, the lines for Blizzard River and Splashwater Falls can get pretty bad so be sure to get those done early if you want any chance of riding them.

As for GADV, I suggest getting a q-bot as it's always busy in the summer. Head to Kingda Ka and El Toro first, whichever opens first hit that and then go to the next coaster. While you're in this corner of the park, also hit Superman Ultimate Flight which gets insane lines as the day goes on. The other B&Ms have fast moving lines so you shouldn't have a problem there.

If you have any specific questions just ask and I'll be happy to help!

Last time I was there was when it was Riverside Park. Plus Rocky Point was still open...Man I miss Rocky point for some old skool fun!!!!! The Flume that was there had the biggest drop yet that I've seen so far! I don't think that we'll have time for SFNE, we'll see? But I know we made time for SFGadv......I know while I'm in RI I have to have some Del's....lol....I think theres one right by my Grandma's....I was just up there in march....Really hasn't changed that much...The Mall downtown huh? Might have to go check it out. I know I want to go to NK where I grew up and Wickford. Thanx for the info ECZenith that helps alot my friend!