TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR : Trip to UK and then Thorpe Park and Chessington !

from Sept 21 tp Sept 24 we went to London with a friend of mine .

we went there by coach because we bookes our Tickets a week before and the cheapest Rount Trip Ticket from Paris to London by coach was €52 . If you book long time in advance you can get a round trip by Eurostar for €55 nefore 25 years old and then €60 if you age is after 25 yars .

so Here we go we are on our way to Calais in the north of France .

Then we arrived to Calais were we had taken the Ferryboat to Dover .

From Calais we can see the UK than means it's not too far from the coaster .

In the middle of the Channel the British Coast .

Yay here we are .

Once we arrived in UK we can notice the difference between UK and France by driving on the left .

The day after before to take the '' Underground '' to Thorpe Park we stayed in London is was really pleasant .

And then right after 10am we arrived at Thorpe Park . It's really easy to get there from london if you don't have a Car .

My friend rode on Colossus but i was a little bit too big to ride on that one . F....K Intamin and their different safety Restraints .

And then we were lucky to ride on X-No Way out i heard that this ride was closed or soon . We were surprised that the Queue line is really dark and they asked you for your bags and stuff before to get to the station .

After X No way out we headed to Stealth their Rocket Coaster . I like the new Intamin Restraints . I think SFNE SROS accident was a lesson for them and their now adapted their restraints and Seatbelts for different people .

I was able to ride on it . The line was almost half an hour with one train on the track . I told to my friend to ask for their Single Rider Wristband and ride it single and we'll ride together later during the day . That's what we did .

We had a Single Rider wristband each other and we went on the Single Rider line and the Ride Op asked us to wait till a single seat will be available . After 10min the Ride Op decided to let us ride together because on weekdays the only guests at Thorpe are generally School Groups .

After our ride on Stealth we had our Lunch at Burger King and then it started to Rain for a couple of hours but during about an hour the rain became so hard and the park wasn't nice because the park was full of water everywhere.

Then we had the great idea to see Pirate's 4D i though i wasn't wet but not . You're completely soaked at the end of the movie . I were there to dry but not .

After the Shower we walked around Nemesis Inferno wich was on test because all rides were closed during the rain .

And then The ride reopened after a few Test Train and we were the first in line so we rode it once . It's a nice Inverted B&M .

We walked around a VERY WET ride Tidal Wave . My friend went on it and told me that we saw a HUGE wave coming on the boat after the drop and every riders was soaked .

Then we walked around Steath when we heard the Pschhh og the magnetic Breaks get down and vouuum some test train was launched .

The Miracle happened STEALTH REOPENED . I've heard that this ride was closed very often that why i was surprised .

After a couple of ride on STEALTH the park closed and we get back to London .

We had a Wonderful day at Thorpe Park .

Tommorrow Chessington World of Adventure .

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 2 Chessington

Once we arrived to Chessington we headed to BubbleWorks . I've seen Elissa ont that ride a couple of times and i loved it on video so i had to ride it .

That was a nice ride it's and indoor water ride .

Then was headed to The Vampire . The Station is well themed and the coaster is familiar . It's a VEKOKO .

Then we walked around the Kiddiland .

We rode on the Runaway Train from Mack .

Chessington has an awesome interative dark ride not better than Tutenkamen at Walibi Beligium but that one was great .

We rode the Wild Mouse from Mack ( probably sold in a package with the Runaway Train ) wich was a credit for us and it wasn't so bad at all .

The Spinning Wild mouse from Maurher Sohne was closed all day and it was the ONLY ride closed that week end . We also rode their Flume Ride wich was nice and well themed and very long .

We left the park around 3pm because the rest of tha park was a zoo and i'm not a HUGE fan of zoo .

We went back to London to do some sightseen like Big Ben , Buckhingham Palace , Trafalgar Square , Picadilly Circus .

That's it

We had a nice week end in London with Thorpe Park and Chessington . Next time we'll try to go to Blackpool Pleasure Beach .

I have a question about the restraints? I'm a big guy too...but whats the difference between the intamin ones like you said?If you can have a B&M one fit you should be straight right? Just would like to know for the future...sorry you couldn't ride it man

I have a question about the restraints? I'm a big guy too...but whats the difference between the intamin ones like you said?If you can have a B&M one fit you should be straight right? Just would like to know for the future...sorry you couldn't ride it man

The differences between the 3 different Intamin Shoulers Restraints are :

Those Restraints on Colossus sucks because when you've got a big stomach and large shoulders there is a small chance that the Seat Belt buckle up .

then you have the California Screamin style restraint where most of sizes fits perfectly .

And the Intamin New Style Shoulders Restraints . where also most of sizes fits the seat belts have to buckle up if not you're not able to ride .