TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels During the Off Season

I just found this very interesting video on YouTube from JPVideos showing Knoebels during the off season and what the park looks like after it closes for the season (Winter 2018).

The introduction goes as follows.

Have you ever wondered what amusement parks look like during the winter season? I know that i was curious, so what better way to find out then to visit my favorite park, Knoebels. Parks that close down for the end of summer season have a lot of work to do to prep the park for the elements. Most people don't realize how much work is involved and what specifically is done. So we take a look at how the park hibernates for the winter. This is one of my longer videos but there was so many interesting things to see, so please watch until the end. Special Thanks to Knoebels staff giving me permission to make this video. Enjoy

The video runs about 57 minutes and shows Knoebels with snow on the ground. You'll see many of the rides taken apart for the winter and how Knoebels stores the ride cars/seats to protect them from the elements. I grew up in PA and went to this park often in the late 50s and thru the 60s. I've been back many times and this for me is the BEST amusement park in the United States. Enjoy the video as you contemplate your amusement park journeys for 2019.

Chieftom1

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic