TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Effects on westcoaster?

NemesisNosh

Hi Robb, Ellisa and other members!

I am very happy to see that you have done so well and attracted so many members on this forum. BUT........This does not mean to sound nasty or anything but do you think that westcoaster is going to lose its popularity it has gained over past 2 years because you have opened this forum? what do you think the effects might be on both forums?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the impact should be minimal.

If you haven't noticed, only about 30% of people who have registered here are also on Westcoaster. Which means that most people here have either found the forums through TPR or through Robb's email.

Second, the main reason Robb and Elissa opened these forums (I can say this because he told me this is why) is so that people can upload pictures and updates from all parks and be able to post their pics.

Third, they were getting alot of "Ask Alvey" type questions on WC and it wasn't the place for it.

Fourth, they wanted another place for people to upload and download track and scenario files.

Fifth, they wanted to bring back "Coaster Events" information.

I'm sure Robb or Elissa could elaborate more, but that's what I know.

Our site/forums are not meant to compete with Westcoaster, they are meant to 'compliment' Westcoaster and vice/versa.

Westcoaster is, for lack of a better term, our 'partner in crime.' You see them on our front page, and you'll see us link back and forth to each others updates.

Both sites offer something different in terms of updates, community, features, etc.

Like Gregg has said, the majority of our members have been new to both sites.

Pretty much what he said is correct. We are different sites with different boards and we compliment each other.

--Robb "Hope that clears things up!" Alvey