TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR:Cedar Point/PKI

Ok, I’m going to have a go at my first trip report, I’m sorry about the lack of pictures, I am the anti-photo(plus I hate toting a camera around all day)

Sorry about the length too, I apparently had more to say than I thought...

5/23- Cedar Point

I was really surprised how well the “early entry” pass that resort guests receive worked. We got into the park at 9:00 am, and went to Raptor. As always, a great ride (9/10). Now the dilemma…..to ride Mantis….or get in line for TTD. Considering I was the only one out of four to get on TTD, we decided to pop their 120 mph cherry. Wait in line for 40 mins, see a couple rollbacks, and zoom, we’re off. Intense launch, creep over the top, 270 degree twist…now if was just a bit longer. Still fun (8/10).

Millennium was down, so it was off to the back of the park, Magnum time. I can’t decide what’s more fun, the bunny hops, or the hour it takes to get to the top of the lift hill. Still one of the best (9/10). Over to Mean Streak, ummm…..OWWW! It’s slow, and painful (2/10). A ride on the Woodstock Express (whore, 5/10), then over the ancient one, Gemini. Still smooth, and has a couple of great headchoppers (8/10).

Had to take a wander over the construction site, it’s dirt and concrete. Nuff said. Over the new Skyhawk, check out the Screamin Swing. It’s a fun ride, but there’s one small complaint. Handles. Yes, that’s right. You’re swinging around, and no handles. Just some little one that does nothing for ya. Ok, done with complaining. Take a courtesy ride on Iron Dragon (4/10) and Wildcat (4/10). Power Tower, nope….only running two towers.

To the front of the park, over to Wicked Twister. Fun ride, great view of the lake (7/10). Maxair courtesy ride, then over to my favorite….Disaster Transport. What! It’s Closed! NOOO!! It’s such a bad ride, you can’t help but laugh and have fun on it. Over to the Blue Streak (6/10), then a couple re-rides on Raptor.

Other than 3 coasters being closed (Millennium, Mine Ride, and Disaster Transport), it was a great day. Perfect weather, no lines, and the best cheese fries in the world. Luckily, we got done with the park by 6pm, since we had a 4 hour drive to the next stop….PKI!

5/24 – PKI

So, I’ve never been to this park before….and now I know why. Pain was the name of the game all day. Get into the park at 10am, head over to Face-Off. I’ve never been on one of these before, surprisingly not a bad ride (7/10). Back to the second worst capacity ride, IJ:ST. Once again, a nice surprise. Fun ride, nice theme (7/10). So….what to ride next? Vortex. Looks painful. Great first drop (back row)…..then….THE PAIN! Head, meet Mr. Harness. I figured it would hurt, so I can’t complain too much about it (4/10).

Head back up to the front, over to Drop Zone. It’s Drop Zone..good solid ride (8/10). Now, I get daring. Son of Beast time. Rumor was that the re-tracked some of the ride. Well, if the “some” of the ride was the lift hill, then yes, it’s smooth ride. I don’t think I’ve ever jackhammered as much as I did on that ride. I bruised my spleen. I walked off that ride, and pretty much couldn’t figure out what happened to me (1/10).

Delirium courtesy ride, then over to the Racer. Forward only, reminds me of the Blue Streak (5/10). Grab some grub, then over to Nickelodeon land, to the Runaway Reptar. I’m such a whore (2/10). The Scooby –Doo dark ride was fun, Avatar was as well. I figured I’d wait until I had been on everything else to ride the Beast, so here it comes.

Ouch. Ouch. Kidney. Knee. Ribs. Apparently I was wrong. The Beast jackhammered more than the SOB. At least the SOB, you knew where the pain was, with the Beast, it was random pain. Turn right, turn left, up, down…..ouch all around (-1/10).

So, you noticed I missed a few rides? Yep, I noticed that too. Top Gun, Flight of Fear, Adventure Express, Tomb Raider. CLOSED. No notice of this until I showed up at the park. “Most of our employees are in High School, so some of the rides have been closed due to understaffing”. Ummm, ok. So why not open up some rides from 10-3, then the others from 3-8? Nah, we’ll just close some, and tell you when you get there.

Overall, the weather was perfect. Considering the time of year, the parks were dead and it was nice to be able to move around. However, I was really disappointed with the closings of several rides. I understand the “break downs”, they do happen. But to not have something open just because you don’t feel like paying someone to operate it….I don’t play that game. Here is someone who is definitely happy to see Cedar Fair buy Paramounts parks. Hopefully the operations at PKI will improve. Thanks for reading my first ever trip report!

Jose

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on rough coasters before ( Rattler at SFFT, Psucklone at SFMM) ...this was beyond rough. Even the straight portions had jackhammering (moreso up and down). I ended up with bruises on my ribs, legs and arms. I can't imagine ever bothering to go on either of the Beasts ever again......