TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Questions on Japanese Theme Parks

Jedster

Hi, I hope these questions aren't too dumb, but I read with interests the Japanese Theme Park reviews on this board, and as I am going in a few weeks, there are some things on my mind.

First of all, I plan to go to:

1.Toshimaen

2. Joypolis in Odaiba

3. Sea Paradise

4. Yokohama Cosmoworld

Are these parks done like Disney, as in you pay at the gate and then you can ride as many rides as many times as you want? Or do you have to buy a stack of tickets and use them at each ride?

Thanks for your help!

Oh yes, I almost forgot. It seems that when it rains, some rides close? How does that work? Must it be a serious rainfall or will even a light rainfall shut down some rides?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall correctly all of these parks either had a 'FreePass' (which is like a disney ticket where you pay one amount and can get on all the rides unlimited) or an Admission price, then you buy tickets.

Depending on what you want to do and how long you have at each place will determine what you should buy. For example at Joypolis it's like $30 for the freepass, or if you just want the credit it will be about $15 with admission and ride ticket.

As for the rain, it really depends on how hard it's raining and what rides you're talking about. For the most part they're pretty good about running stuff.

Toshimaen - At the front gate you have to pay for admission and you can also buy your free pass. We bought the waterpark pass by mistake (waterpark only and rides only both cost the same) as the attendant thought we pointed to the blue logo pass instead of the green logo pass. You can also buy a free pass inside the park. This may be a good option if you see it is raining and you want to wait to see if most rides are open. I believe the ECC trip hit rain and only the carousel was open. If only a few rides are open you can probably just buy tickets.

Joypolis - As Elissa mentioned, they have an entrance fee. If you only want the credit or just a few attractions, pay per ride is probably the way to go. This place is pretty easy to figure out and they readily speak English.

Sea Paradise - I think you can walk right into this park for free. You can buy tickets or a free pass. We had trouble locating the free pass center but it is in the middle of the park. We bought passes in a machine but needed to exchange them for wristbands. We found that a free pass was worth it. One ride on the Sea Coaster alone is 10,000 yen ($10 USD).

Yokohama Cosmoworld - This park is also free admission. We found that buying tickets from machines was cheaper but we only picked up the credits. I think they had a pass and it may be worth it if you also do the Ferris wheel and the cool looking flume (I regret passing on that one).