TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Did you find $20 under the couch?

LaMarcus

Why are you using Google Adwords? (And why aren't you bidding on "donkeys" which only has 2 advertisers bidding?)

The site is already pretty popular and isn't set up to a money-maker. I was going to add a photo of the Google results, but it looks like there's no attaching images in Ask Alvey. BTW, I didn't click.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Google AdWords show up on the right side of Google search results. Sites pay to have a message and a link to their site when people type in specific search words. They actually pay per click by the user, so if you see a Theme Park Review ad like this, save the Alveys some change and don't click (because you're already well aware of the site). Earlier in the day, ads for Theme Park Review were showing up for "roller coaster", "roller coasters", and "theme parks" search results.

I was wondering why they're forayed into advertising the site.

If I choose to use Google AdWords to get the word out about my site that's my prerogative thank you very much. It's something I've never done, and only just started testing it to see if it could help promote the site to help pay for the cost of running the site.

There are other, more annoying ways I could be doing this, for example, pop-ups.

Do you see any ads or annoying pop-ups on this site like you do on so many others? No. And you never will.

--Robb "Thread closed because it's really not something I wish to discuss any futher." Alvey