TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Beechwood Creek Amusement Park 1983-Today

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! My name is Scott Winston, and I am a local broker agent here in Eastern North Carolina. I have secured about 150 acres of land, right above Wilmington, North Carolina. I have been within the amusement industry for about 14 years, and I am starting the project that I have dreamed of. The project, which is an amusement park. A park that goes by the name of: Beechwood Creek Amusement Park. I am glad to have claimed this area for my amusement park. Since, it is about an hour or so away from my family!

Let's give an update on what we have so far.

beechwoodcreek1.png.121b87ffe7c7b7c1486eba77b20f56d4.png

This here is the entrance to Beechwood Creek Amusement Park. It has a nice feeling of tranquility, before you are immersed into the thrills and magic of the rest of the park! 

There isn't much else that we have so far.

beechwoodcreek2.thumb.png.5d7ed999079ff632d3f3a281fc1e6022.png

I got to get a few shots of the surrounding land however. The natural beauty of this park will be amazing! I can't wait to see what will come.

That's it for now. If you are local of Wilmington or Jacksonville, come on down and check out the progress! We are allowing visitors to come watch us make our magical park!

- Scott Winston

Hello, it's me Scott Winston again! Following up on the project of Beechwood Creek. We have the Confectionary!

beechwoodcreek3.png.f9ff767b3ed30a492bb8a858755d28dc.png

This is for sure to attract all of our younger guests with our homemade treats and desserts!

I'll try and get more pictures. But for now, this is everything

- Scott Winston

Hello again! The park has just officially finished the resturant at the entrance of the park! This will be known as Greenway Burgersbeechwoodcreek3.thumb.png.a58020c4b87a14970cfa7b65f864078f.png

This is the outside of the resturant. There is a few tables where you can sit at and look at the wonderful enviorment!

beechwoodcreek4.thumb.png.cc544d7773c3ae2cf6da5158aca76d29.png

I had to grab a bite! It smells so good in here!

That's it for now! I will get more photos later and update you all.

- Scott Winston

Big update! We have officially installed our first ride at the park! Beechwood Flyers. This Chairswing ride will spin you around and around over the water, offering great views! And, it looks stunning as soon as you walk in!

beechwoodcreek5.thumb.png.7a51676a33be505e7f4c69a691286a06.png

It looks so pretty over the water!

beechwoodcreek6.thumb.png.f7d2eb69336964ba06b3cdb50ff25a58.png

It looks intimidating from the entrance! You can see our construction supervisor in the picture. He's not a fan of the ride!

That's it for this update, can't wait for you all to see what's coming in the future. If you have any suggestions, reach out and tell us! We are putting advertisements on local papers to try and get popularity. We've also had many of you come out to say hi and check out the park! To all that have done that, thank you! We are glad you get to see a piece of our mind and this project.

- Scott Winston

Hello once again! Our team has been working hard to build up this park, and we have some new things that have been built. I went down today with my son to show him around, and there was 2 new buildings.

beechwoodcreek8.thumb.png.525ccb5b89c9050d1eac9202a780ebbd.png

This is the gift shop (We don't have a name yet, suggestions?) It overlooks the Chairswing, and the pond it sits on. I love the way this building looks!

beechwoodcreek7.png.f6226ae0e9823d15ee519832ba0707f3.png

This is a shaded building. We didn't know what to fill up here. So we just put some Skeeball machines and some tables. I would imagine this being sort of a gathering area. And you can see that there is restrooms adjecent to it!

That's it for now. I think we are renting a helicopter to fly around the area and check out what we have so far. So it won't be long until I get some pictures of that!

- Scott Winston

I told you it wouldn't be long until I got some pictures!

Me and my son hopped into a helicopter and flew over the site to see how much progress we have.

beechwoodcreek9.png.955bb60e2ad30077442b7f52ac010cc6.png

This is why you don't let your son handle the camera. Besides that however, you can get a decent perspective of what we've worked on right now. It's so cool to look at this from up here. And while we were up there, we planned something big. Who knows what could come here soon! 

- Scott Winston

A Hurricane has struck the coast of North Carolina!

We have installed a Pinfari Zyklon Z40. But it's not ours. It is relocated from Jolly Roger at the Pier at Ocean City, Maryland.

beechwoodcreek12.png.055a53c4ada659234cd044405cefbdb5.png

This is a photograph of the ride as it operated as "Zyklon" in Ocean City, Maryland

beechwoodcreek11.thumb.png.e3c3b9429d7b70a188b38137033cfc13.png

And here is Hurricane. We've repainted the track blue, (We've kept the supports the same color), and we have upgraded the technology within the ride such as cables and sensors.beechwoodcreek13.png.d5cba877c44dd754a5e968657f58001e.png

This area is coming together very nicely! As you can see to the right we've got a Bennet Paratrooper which we have decided to name Tropical Twisters.

This is our biggest update yet! And we are so happy to share this with you. As construction begins to progress into the fall of this year, if it all stays smoothly, we might be able to announce an opening date at the beginning of 1982.

- Scott Winston

UNCW Today : Vol. VII, No. 2

New Rollercoaster Teased for Local Amusementpark being Built

"Amusement park in Pender County leaking what could be the next thrill ride for the state. Beechwood Creek Amusement Park is current;y in the proccess of being built. It is off of Hwy 40 near St Helena and Burgaw. It is being built by broker agent Scott Winston of Morehead City. Locals are starting to speculate what this could possibly be. And if it could rival North Carolina's premier park, Carowinds who just recently opened there Carolina Cyclone rollercoaster , which is the first rollercoaster to go upside down 4 times. Updates are yet to be announced on this, so we will have to wait and see."

beechwoodnewspaper10_81.png.4de055fca2fafc1f0b0e70c51aad84ab.png

Silver Bullet Looping Rollercoaster to open at Beechwood Creek Amusement Park

Here we are! The star attraction for the park. It will join along Hurricane and something else 'wink wink' for the opening day of... ____! We still haven't announced it yet, but we will on New Years Day 1982 (Jan 1 2023 you guys! :P) Silver Bullet is a Schwarzkopf Looping Star like Looping Star from Jolly Roger Amusement Park in Maryland. Yes, that is where we got Hurricane from. While we there to inspect out the ride however, I couldn't just notice how beautiful Looping Star looked, I knew we had to have it in our park! Silver Bullet is 80ft and 52mph. The big part of the ride however, is the vertical loop after the first drop. It's such a weird feeling to be upside down!

beechwoodcreek15.png.c3419fa609bed0f6d1baa3815783bd3f.png

It took about 4 weeks for the ride to be built. And it's super tall!

beechwoodcreek16.thumb.png.5a980bfd465da1c5104dd9a77ba1ca5f.png

You can see the ride from the parking lot!

I am so estatic to share this with you all! And I can't WAIT for all to ride it on opening day!

- Scott Winston

It's getting close to the end of the year! I decided to take a daytrip down to Charleston Gardens Amusement Park. A park that is sprawling and really thrilling! I needed ideas, I'm on a creator's block.

beechwoodcreek17.thumb.png.571232d7be99b479544f413c5c628273.png

The entrance is very pretty! You can see the wooden coaster "Derecho" peaking over the trees.

beechwoodcreek18.thumb.png.94d2b567922a10d71b7dfa78d6737d5b.png

This is probably my favorite ride in the park. I love how big and fast it is! It really takes your breath away!

beechwoodcreek19.thumb.png.799294770c685ca9f998f0ba8d757317.png

It's also REALLY photogenic!

beechwoodcreek20.thumb.png.f93f6509dbd5dc2a1fa4b38abf1268c3.png

You get such good views of the park on this bridge.

beechwoodcreek21.thumb.png.cbeaf26cda3edfe13254f3f430b79e57.png

Heatwave!

That's mainly it for today. I'm taking off on a break, so updates won't happen as often. But when I do return to work, hopefully the team has built many amazing things for us to explore!

Scott Winston

Hello everyone! I am now back from my vacation. I had a great time off, we went around the south and travelled to many theme parks for ideas. Our team has added so much stuff! Let me show you!

beechwoodcreek22.thumb.png.adb1244fdfb9f9c68305c78a6287aee6.png

Welcome to our park, Morehead Log Co.The name is taken straight from my hometown I grew up in, and it is an Arrow Log Flume! We are glad to have worked with them on this, mainly because they have a bunch of rides that I think would fit perfectly in our park in the future.

beechwoodcreek24.thumb.png.1de928c47f9b84032ac6f5de380db055.png

It utilizes the park's natural pond to offer some nice views during the ride.

beechwoodcreek23.thumb.png.628c3afdb8e08c297211df7fc4199a3e.png

And finally, we have the classic Bumper Cars! We got heavy inspiration on Charelston Garden's Bumper Cars, so with their permission we decided to use their ideas into our ride.

Right now, we are about more than halfway done with the park before it's opening day which I will announce the following New Year's Day of 1982 (Jan 1 2023 y'all!!) This is one of our biggest updates yet, and I can't wait for this park to finally be complete!

- Scott Winston

Happy New Year everyone! Like I promised, here you have it!:beechwoodcreekbillboard.thumb.png.a72a4df53fc9b5f61e9130956d5ba419.png

We are opening our doors to you all March 1, 1982. From here on though however, our team has decided to stop with the updates from now. We want the park to be a suprise for you all! We are about 75% complete however, so it won't be long until you all can come explore!

- Scott Winston

• 5 months later...

Beechwood Creek is officially opened to the public!

beechwoodcreek25.thumb.png.0d4d5ce371dde21272db938ddb54bfb4.png

Beechwood Flyer is a big hit among guests, the same goes with Silver Bullet of course!

beechwoodcreek26.thumb.png.62243bdcb002b347e74f9f97b5bdceb5.png

Hurricane had the longest line for most of the day. Not because of it's thrill, but because of it's low capacity.

beechwoodcreek27.thumb.png.5b81159ed45b8260e36c57681577b516.png

It was a pretty cool day, but that didn't stop anyone from getting soaked on Morehead Log Co.!

beechwoodcreek28.thumb.png.cae13267c313a6b9a27cfc9b25ab58c3.png

As the day was wrapping up, I decided to grab a ride on the Beechwood Wheel. I got some great views of the sunset from up there. But, the fun didn't stop there, it was just getting started!

beechwoodcreek29.thumb.png.8f6f546557b5dd0a2e2ab3c0ab9204f5.png

Night came, and the park was teeming with life! I snagged a ride on Silver Bullet, and my oh my what a ride! That is easily my favorite roller coaster at the park.

beechwoodcreek30.png.10a5735e713e02c9c0a1b2348e6fc8ca.png

Wait, what's that in the distance?

May I present to you, the biggest addition we've ever added to our park. With much thought, hard work, and savings, Beechwood Creek Amusement Park presents to you, the biggest, the baddest, the tallest and the fastest wooden coaster in the entire state of North Carolina, Carolina Outlaw.

beechwoodcreek31.thumb.png.e7b5c2a3ab00396e073de7ac504fcf10.png

Standing at 126 feet, and a max speed of 59mph, it beats the previous record of the tallest and fastest wooden coaster in the state from Thunder Road at Carowinds. The coaster was designed by William Cobb, and built by Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters, Inc. We could not fathom the monster that we would have in our park last year. With an outpour of crowds, loans from the county, and fundraisers, we were able to claim a record of our own.

beechwoodcreek32.png.994c45001d197f9b4bdae57cbe7bd447.png

Carolina Outlaw will be located in the top left corner of the park, with the closest ride to it being Morehead Log Co. 

beechwoodcreek33.png.12e25457dc0305f6e09fd9feec59d5fc.png

We haven't just built a coaster, we built an entire area! The area will go by the name Cherokee Territory.

The area will feature a Flying Scooter, by the name Tumbleweedand a picnic area that looks over a set of a western town. 

We went all out with this, putting in a major investment. Our goal is to draw not only families, but thrillseekers and coaster enthusiasts!

- Scott Winston