TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Visiting SFGAdv from NYC

martinb

Hey, I hope this is in the correct place....?!

I figured you guys would be able to help me the most. I live in the UK, and I'm planning on visiting the Big Apple in the spring/summer. This will obviously includes a day (or two?) at SFGAdv.

Now, I've been told to avoid early April (spring break) and late May (memorial day), so I'm thinking early June as the park is open everyday of the week (only weekends during April/May which I guess will result in bigger crowds?). But I've been told to be careful in early June because o Toro being down for maintenance (more than one person has said they've been spited).

Any advice guys?

Also, is the coach from NYC any good?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last year in June/july, El toro was open, I flew from Germany into JFK. There is a new jersey transit bus from Port authority station, it's about 30 $ ish return, And if you go to the bus stop number about 1 hour and 15 mins early before the first bus leaves, There is a bus that isn't advertised that leaves early which is direct so you don't have to change bus at the freehold centre. I thought this wasn't true but it turned out to be very real as I got to the park by opening time and sat on the same bus the whole way.

I Hit kingda ka first as its down a lot and if the weather tuns bad it the first attraction to close. The longest I queued was about 20mins and rode every coaster 3/4 times without flash pass and that was on 30th June and the 1st of July 2015.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

First, I have to say sorry for my english. And sorry to martinb too for writing at his post, but I didn't want to create a new one just to ask nearly the same.

I'm going to New York for a trip with my family from September 27 to October 6. I'm spanish and it could be the only time in my whole life I will go to New York and also Six Flags, so obviously I want it to be perfect.

We have two options to go to Six Flags Great Adventure: Saturday 1 or Sunday 2. I have to choose only one day for the visit because two days is too much for my family (not for me, but it's true that we want to see a lot of things in New York and we will not have too much time).

We are going by NJ Transit bus, which departs from Six flags at 10.00pm on Saturday and at 09.30pm on Sunday, so it isn't something to take into account because the difference is just a half hour more or a half hour less enjoing the park.

But I saw that the park opens this Monday too. Do you know what kind of festivity it is? Because I imagine that if it is a day off work the park could be packed on Sunday too.

In summary, between Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 I have to choose the less packed day the park will be. I really hope it is so simple and someone of you can tell me "Go this day!"

Thank you all very much!

I never recommend going to SFGAdv on a Saturday if you have a choice between Saturday and Sunday. Unless the weather is rainy on Saturday, Sunday will be the better day. Don't worry about losing the 30 minutes at the end of the day, lines are much longer on Saturdays.